Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Took Wedding Ring's Off!! :(

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, so a few weeks ago, DH admitted to me that he has been unhappy for a really long time.  I
 already posted about all of it when it happened so don't want to get into too much detail about it so I'll just say this... DH said I was a better Mom than Wife and that he no longer feels wanted or appreciated and everything that I had neglected.  I don't blame him, I can see where he was coming from.  We talked and he said that he loves me and that is why he is still here hoping that things get better if we work on things together (it's a two way street).  Moving on from that, I decided this weekend that I could not wear my wedding ring anymore.  My wedding ring means soooo much to me and I feel I am lying to myself every time I look at them.  I don't want to wear my rings until he feels what I feel when I wear/look at them.  He hasn't noticed and I haven't told him this, but I won't hide it either.  If he asks, I will be honest.  I love him.  He is my best friend, but until I become his again, I can't wear them.  *Allow me to contradict myself because I already know for sure that this Friday, I will be wearing them.  It's my Dad's wedding (I am maid of honor) and DH and DS are also in the wedding (Groomsmen and Ring Bearer) and I am just not prepared to answer any questions of get any stares.  Not saying I will, just trying to be prepared.  DH and I are happy out in public, even happy at home, just dealing with emotional things that no one needs to be aware of right now.  I am really sad looking down at my hand though!!!

by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
SamanthaJayEs
by on May. 23, 2012 at 3:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Vows are vows, and even though you are going through this now doesn't change them. I think you should put them back on, I feel like you are going to send the wrong message to him. He feels neglected by you, and you taking the ring off just proves his point that he is disposable and unnoticed by you....... I hope it all gets better for you no matter which way it goes, just thought I would share that it may make it all worse...

bann917
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:16 AM

if you loved each other once, i'm sure u can find that spark that lead you together in the first place.

DeeDee_28
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:19 AM
Hugs...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flutterbeckie3
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 6:09 AM

I'm sorry, I hope that you two can work things out and feel that you are 100% in the marriage :)

flutterbeckie3
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 6:10 AM

BUMP!

TempestRayne
by Donna on May. 23, 2012 at 6:36 AM

I hope you can work things out.

newmomma1111
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 6:39 AM

i am so sorry :( hugs

Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 23, 2012 at 8:41 AM

((hugs))

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM
This was my thought as well. I'm sorry you're going through such a rough patch but I think taking your ring off will cause unnecessary hurt. If I was in your husband's shoes, I would take it as further proof that I was in the marriage alone.

Quoting SamanthaJayEs:

Vows are vows, and even though you are going through this now doesn't change them. I think you should put them back on, I feel like you are going to send the wrong message to him. He feels neglected by you, and you taking the ring off just proves his point that he is disposable and unnoticed by you....... I hope it all gets better for you no matter which way it goes, just thought I would share that it may make it all worse...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Oh, and I strongly suggest reading Dr. Laura's book The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. It can change your marriage drastically for the better.

One of the things she discusses is your exact situation, when husbands feel neglected for the children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)