Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Please don't burn me.... UPDATED(1/30/2013 Pictures Added)

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is going to be in her very first pageant this weekend! I am very excited, it is the perfect starter pageant. Very low key, natural, and inexpensive. I am interested to see how she does and of course I am hoping that she will win everything. I am also hoping to compete in more pageants int he future if this one goes well or even if it doesn't. No I do not plan to be an over the top pageant mom, and if you do not like pageants I respect that and everyone is intitled to their own opinion but please don't come all over here burning me because you don't agree with me. I will be sure to post results even if she wins absolutly nothing just the exposure and experience will be good for us.There will be a strawberry festival going on at the same time so it will be a good little outing for the family.

***Note: Rabekah's next pageant is Feb 16th in Sacramento, Ca. If anyone is interested in participating please send me a private message with any questions you have & paperwork.
Quick Info:
- Crown Plaza Hotel
- 5 different Ultimate Grand Supreme Titles broken down by age group. One of them being a natural Ultimate Grand Surpreme.
- Natural and Glitz options
- Children under 3 are not required to wear make-up, hair, tanning, teeth, etc for the glitz side or natrual. Children over 3 will do place higher in the glitz with the tanning, hair, make up etc however none of that is required on the natural side.

My First Time Mom BLOG, Feel Free to Visit: http://fkoen.blog.com/

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
Slayton723
by on May. 26, 2012 at 3:16 AM
I had lived there my whole life until I moved here so I knew WAY too many people.

Quoting Jsowers89:

Most people I knew graduated in '05-'07. Crazy small world, though!

Quoting Slayton723:

'09 I only went one year there cause I moved here but I knew almost everyone lol

Quoting Jsowers89:

Sure is. What year did you graduate?

Quoting Slayton723:

Lol and if 89 in your name is the year you were born I may very well know them lol

Quoting Jsowers89:

Hah. Crazy. I had some friends who went there. Small world.

Quoting Slayton723:

Temple Terrace. I went to King.

Quoting Jsowers89:

What part? I went to Brandon HS. I live up in MD now.

Quoting Slayton723:

I lived right outside of Tampa. I live in NC now but we always used to go in plant city lol.

Quoting Jsowers89:

I was thinking the same thing. Plant City?

Quoting Slayton723:

Strawberry festival? Do you live in FL?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FaeBrooke
by on May. 26, 2012 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting smurfbitebug:

I don't think there's anything wrong with pageants as long as you're not insane. There's plenty of insane people pushing their kids into lots of things, though... and you don't come off as the type.

Thank you. I apprechiate that. Don't get me wrong I am VERY competative BUUTTT I will NEVER let me daughter become a brat. My parents would not allow me to act like one so I kind of have that backing me up =D

aidenmomplus4
by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you not caring what other people think and good luck to your little girl hopefully she will win something but if she doesn't I know you'll make sure she has fun.

FaeBrooke
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

PICTURES!!! I need to get one of her full on outfit but yeah.

There were 4 other little girls in her catagory and she didn't win any big titles. The little girl in the red won the division queen. My DD is the only one who could not walk alone and was def the youngest in the 0-2. I need to learn more about pageants so that I can learn what to do and not do and what gets extra points etc etc. I am still waiting to get her judges cards back so we will see what those say. I am thinking of putting her into another pageant in September that is local and should be more fun. Hopefully she may be walking alone at that time =D

FaeBrooke
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I forgot to add she was PERFECT on stage. She was the first one to go on for the whole pageant. She smiled, waved, AND blew kisses with one hand and then both!! omg I don't know how she didn't get division queen... Ok I have an idea but still gah! she was so cute!! I wish my hubby would have taken a video.

FaeBrooke
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Our next pageant might be sooner than we think lol.
FaeBrooke
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know her next pageant is October 13th!! I am so excited. My mom and I have made her outfit of choice and halloween wear and kind of her beauty dress. I have learnt a lot more and once again don't expect her to win any large titles but I am hoping for at least divisonal queen for her cute outfits alone lol. They have rule about no photos but I will do what I can =D

kissmiss213
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM

good luck to her. i dislike pageants, but my opinion doesnt matter, lol. is there a cash prize? or just the title? is she super excited?

tinarob
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this

How exciting!!! I want to do the same with my daughter, just to see what she'll place, also hoping she would win in it all LOL but haven't done it yet...kinda scared! anyway let us know how she does! 

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Post pics and have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)