Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What are some TTC tips that work?

We have been ttc on and off for like 8 months. I just started having normal periods 3 months ago. So that problems fixed...so now what? I've been praying about it a lot. I'm gonna cry so bad if aunt flo comes next week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
MommyLuvsAK
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM
If you forget the First T in TTC then you will get pregnant. I think the more we stress and think about it the more our body goes against it. Have spontaneous sex often and see what happens
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM
The only thing that works for me is to quit trying. Once I quit, BAM, pregnant. Lol. But what do I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Really? Like once a day? How much is to much

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

have you been elevating your hips after intercourse?  that helps.

I agree with the pp's, charting. 

I have also heard that having too much sex can actually decrease the chances of getting pregnant.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it just depends on the situation, such as age, sperm count etc.

If everything's good then, i've heard having sex up to the day of ovulation increases fertility.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

I have also heard that having too much sex can actually decrease the chances of getting pregnant.

kissykissy3
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

check your discharge,    im not sure  how to describe in words but ill try.....

put your pointer finger a lil inside of you and swipe whatever 'liquid' is there.    then put your thumb onto your pointer finger where the discharge is and gently pull your fingers apart from each other.   if the discharge sticks to your thumb and finger and makes a string as if you had bubble gum and stretched it apart, you are able to get preg.   worked for me 3 times! and when i dont wanna get preg when my discharge is like this i do not have sex.

also after the sperm is in you as mentioned above, elevate your hips like on a pillow or something, and have your man (or yourself)   give you a orgasm, the orgasm will trigger the vaginal muscles to 'pull' the sperm up.

good luck!

3angels23
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Good luck bump and baby dust because I was prego everytime dh looked at me I was prego
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngashleyd
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Use those! I am a lesbian and it is expensive to get pregnant and you only get one chance a month when ttc. We used the ovulation predictors and got pregnant with our now 9 month old the second try. When you get a positive the next 2- 3 days are when you would want to try.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

So just take my temp everyday? And write it down? Do ovulation tests work? We thought about buying some.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Are you charting your temps so you know when you're ovulating? That's a good place to start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM
When I was watching this on documentary on conception and what not it said once every two days is prime. It gives him a chance to recoup his sperm count a bit and it keeps it more interesting. Also if you both have an orgasm at the same time it really helps. Just don't stress too much about it and just have fun :) it will happen

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM
No caffene sp it dries women out down there i stopped drinking it and got prego after 3 years with ds 2 months later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM

don't "try" :)

We tried for a year and a half - I charted my temps, cervical mucus, elevated my hips after sex, only had sex every 1-2 days...everything they recommend. It was THE most stressful thing I've ever been through. Everyday someone else was announcing the were pregnant and I cried all the time.

One day, a dear friend called with a crisis 2 weeks before his wedding. I spent those 2 weeks 100% focused on trying to help him through everything and having a baby was the last thing on my mind. 2 weeks after the wedding, I got a BFP. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN