Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Terrible Twos Early?!

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hey everyone, I have a couple questions. My daughter is 13 months old and recently started screaming (really loud) when she doesn't get her way, she also hits herself in the head and laughs (I think mostly because my Aunt watches her during the day and thinks it's funny). Is this just a phase?

by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kenzismommy11
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM
my DD is 14 mo and she screams, lays on the floor, and kicks when having a tantrum. lol. i believe its just a phase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhilyn2011
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Great thank you! I really hope it is!

Hermommy11637
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:50 PM
my 16 month old is the same she hits,bites,kicks,screams, and just about whatever else she can do to let me know shs mad i tbink and hope its just a phase
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on May. 23, 2012 at 6:02 PM
A lot of that at this age is because they are trying to figure out how to express their feelings and don't usually have the words to do so. It's a great learning opportunity ! When she is mad like that hold her hands down away from her and you and give her the words to say in a manner suitable to her vocabulary . Hope that helps good luck to you mama !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhilyn2011
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Thank you do much! I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing this! I wil def try to help her express herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhilyn2011
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Thank you do much! I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing this! I wil def try to help her express herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM

it's possible.

Shermy
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Not getting your way sucks, and it sucks even more when you don't have the ability to say that it sucks.

I noticed when we gave my son a way to communicate (we used signs, but that was just what worked for us), he was able to use his signs instead of his screaming
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2brykea
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:57 PM

My oldest son used to hit himself in the head when he was about that age he grew out of it think goodness. 

TempestRayne
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:09 AM
It is possible.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN