Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

skinny jeans.

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM
  • 36 Replies

so today i bought a pair of jessica simpson nude heels, $98 marked down to $27 i might add. great deal. tomorrow im going shopping with my sister in law, and i wanted to buy an outfit to go with them. i know the trend now is skinny jeans with heels, so im wondering if there is like a certin "weight limit" for lack of a better word, to wear skinny jeans. i've only seen skinny girls wear them, which im definitly not "skinny". im a size 18 with an hourglass figure. flat stomach, but very wide hips (no bashing please).i just dont want to buy or wear skinny jeans if most people think they would look bad on me. not to mention im 20 years old with a 2 year old daughter. im kind of caught between dressing like a 20 year old, or dressing like an "adult", with the dress pants and dress shirt, whatever. maybe its just me freaking out for the moment lol. but what are you oppinions on skinny jeans or any fashon trends.

by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorganCandy666
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:25 AM
I'm in a size 11. I have the big hips. I'm not "skinny". You can be any size & wear them. I'll post a picture of the ones I got.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lj.smommy
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:40 AM
3 moms liked this
I saw on TV (one of those ones that does fashion) that skinny jeans are for everyone. The only advice they gave regarding them was if your heavier to go with high waisted so you don't have muffin top and to make sure there at your ankles or at most an inch past. Just advice I heard. Hope it helps!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashescee
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:42 AM
That sounds sexy!!! I'm a size 16 and I wear them. You're gonna look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I personally really like skinny jeans no matter what size you are, and I think it is important not to settle. Skinny doesn't have to mean tight, you just need to make sure you buy something that is right for your body, maybe a more structured jean overall. 

Oh man, I totally second the "at your ankle" to go with nude heels. Rawr! Perfect for date night. 

For example:  http://petitelefant.com/what-i-wore-wednesday-corduroy-stripes/

What I wore Wednesday

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I think they look best on people with long, slim legs. There are some skinny Jeans that look good on curvy girls though and a good pair of heels can do wonders for any outfit/body.

Don't stress about trying to look a part. Wear what suits your body and personality, fashion and convention be damned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navybeauty88
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:46 AM
I wear skinny jeans and I'm not skinny lol. I say wear them! Btw, I wanna see a pic of the shoes! That was a good deal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeheleyLayna
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Thanks everyone! idk why im stressing, lol, its not like im going out any time soon. =D I work at an animal hospital, so most of the time i'm in scrubs.. but every now and again, i just feel like dressing up.

504bbymami
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:48 AM
I think it more depends on how your legs look. Hard to say without pics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeheleyLayna
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM

well here is 2 pictures. not my best, but atleast you can tell what i look like. =)

PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 24, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you could rock em ;) just try em on and see. GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN