Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

ummm, short shorts???! HELP!!

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 28 Replies

Okay, dh and I were at Goodwill.  Yes, we shop for clothes at Goodwill (I wash them...don't judge).  Anyway, he bought this navy blue shorts, and there they looked pretty good, maybe a little small around the waist.  But, as many of you ladies know, men do not try on clothes!!  It drives me insane.  So, he spent like $4 on these shorts, not much, but it's still $4, right?

So, he tries them on at home and comes into the living room.  I think my wide gapped expression would have been good enough.  I told him they were TOO short, and that I couldn't condone him wearing them to work or anywhere in public for that matter.  He is a postal carrier (rural, so he doesn't wear a uniform like city carriers do).  Anyway, the people at work did make fun of the shorts...which I told him they would!!  But he didn't seem to bothered by it.

I HATE these shorts with every fiber of my being!  They are too short!  My husband has NO fashion sense what so ever.  Should I say something?  And, for that matter should I say something about EVERYTHING I hate about the way he dresses?  We've been married for 5 years, together for almost 7...so you would think I wouldn't feel embarrassed to talk to him about this.  But, SERIOUSLY!  The shorts are too short, his other clothes have holes and are tattered, and he sometimes wears high socks with shoes.  He will buy these shirts or pants and be SO excited about them, and I HATE them.  He is still wearing clothes he wore when we first started dating!  Is it about time I tell dh to stop buying clothes?  Is it time for me to dress my 41 year old husband?  :P  This feels silly, but looking for advice, lol!!  Thanks.  Sorry so long!

Pregnancy%20ticker

Austin 2/28/07, Lily 2/21/08, Aubrey 4/30/10
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenny_Penny89
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Take a picture and show him, maybe he needs to see it from a different view.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this
My husband stopped buying his own clothes a while ago. We're both happier when I do it for him. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilynAustin
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

This is true!!  My biggest fear is that something might "pop out" you know?  OMG that would KILL me!!  I don't know whether to laugh at the situation, or tell him he is being a stupid ass!  I may just throw the shorts away and claim they got eaten by the laundry monster.  :P  It exists, btw!  Just like the sock fairy!

Quoting Dinimon:

Pregnancy%20ticker

Austin 2/28/07, Lily 2/21/08, Aubrey 4/30/10
MamaHome
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Quoting Dinimon:

Post the pic on here, and we'll be sure to give him some.....admiring comments. Afterwards I'll bet he'd be too embarrassed to wear them out lol.

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Oh man, my mom had this same problem. My dad had the WORST "fashion sense". She started just shopping for him and slowly threw out the things that she severly hated.

IncognitoOne
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Agree! 

Quoting MamaHome:

Quoting Dinimon:

Post the pic on here, and we'll be sure to give him some.....admiring comments. Afterwards I'll bet he'd be too embarrassed to wear them out lol.

yikesitsmindy
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha! No man needs shorts that dont cover the knee in my opinion. I would like to see a pic too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Honey, if he's happy with how he dresses, what's the problem? Because his clothes aren't "fashionable"? That's just silly. Let him dress however he wants. If HE'S uncomfortable, that's one thing.

lacilyn
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a sticky situation....my husband has ZERO fashion sense. The only shorts he will wear are nike type shorts. He will not wear a polo or button down (unless it's a special occasion). He doesn't wear flip flops or sandles. He only wears his nike/reeboks and his army issue boots (thank god he only wears the boots with jeans). When he does wear the nike shorts he will wear his nikes...with regular crew socks. Yeah, I would prefer him to dress more....stylish. But I knew how he dressed when I married him. And I wouldn't try to push anything on him to change the way he dresses. Yeah, I am young, and I havent been married for 20 years...but I know enough that I don't care how the world or society views the way my husband dresses.

If he is happy with the way he dresses, let him be happy. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)