Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

ummm, short shorts???! HELP!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, dh and I were at Goodwill.  Yes, we shop for clothes at Goodwill (I wash them...don't judge).  Anyway, he bought this navy blue shorts, and there they looked pretty good, maybe a little small around the waist.  But, as many of you ladies know, men do not try on clothes!!  It drives me insane.  So, he spent like $4 on these shorts, not much, but it's still $4, right?

So, he tries them on at home and comes into the living room.  I think my wide gapped expression would have been good enough.  I told him they were TOO short, and that I couldn't condone him wearing them to work or anywhere in public for that matter.  He is a postal carrier (rural, so he doesn't wear a uniform like city carriers do).  Anyway, the people at work did make fun of the shorts...which I told him they would!!  But he didn't seem to bothered by it.

I HATE these shorts with every fiber of my being!  They are too short!  My husband has NO fashion sense what so ever.  Should I say something?  And, for that matter should I say something about EVERYTHING I hate about the way he dresses?  We've been married for 5 years, together for almost 7...so you would think I wouldn't feel embarrassed to talk to him about this.  But, SERIOUSLY!  The shorts are too short, his other clothes have holes and are tattered, and he sometimes wears high socks with shoes.  He will buy these shirts or pants and be SO excited about them, and I HATE them.  He is still wearing clothes he wore when we first started dating!  Is it about time I tell dh to stop buying clothes?  Is it time for me to dress my 41 year old husband?  :P  This feels silly, but looking for advice, lol!!  Thanks.  Sorry so long!

Pregnancy%20ticker

Austin 2/28/07, Lily 2/21/08, Aubrey 4/30/10
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Replies (21-28):
MaiVal
by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:04 AM

That's how short they are? Yikes!

Quoting LilynAustin:

This is true!!  My biggest fear is that something might "pop out" you know?  OMG that would KILL me!!  I don't know whether to laugh at the situation, or tell him he is being a stupid ass!  I may just throw the shorts away and claim they got eaten by the laundry monster.  :P  It exists, btw!  Just like the sock fairy!

Quoting Dinimon:

Take a picture and show him, maybe he needs to see it from a different view.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

MaiVal
by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:06 AM

BTW, i always shop at thrift stores. I found a lot of cute maternity clothes there. And it's nice to shop for the kids clothes. They go through them so fast anyway! I don't need to spent a ton of money, i lived off hand-me-downs as a kid. Same thing IMO!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

emilymarie07
by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:06 AM
I hate the damn sock fairy! Lol

Quoting LilynAustin:

This is true!!  My biggest fear is that something might "pop out" you know?  OMG that would KILL me!!  I don't know whether to laugh at the situation, or tell him he is being a stupid ass!  I may just throw the shorts away and claim they got eaten by the laundry monster.  :P  It exists, btw!  Just like the sock fairy!

Quoting Dinimon:

Take a picture and show him, maybe he needs to see it from a different view.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:07 AM
I
Love goodwill lol. When dh has something I think he needs
To get rid of like a shirt with holes all over I slowly make them bigger or just make them
Disappear. Maybe you could accidentally throw them in the wash with a load of whites
And bleach. It would save you from having o hurt his feelings and a good reason to chunk them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missbrinleysmom
by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM

My husband luckily wears scrubs to work everyday and is to busy to actually shop for his own clothes or else there might be contention in our house...lol He has no fashion sense at all either. The last time he went clothes shopping was when we had his suit made for him and the tailor had to measure him...etc. I picked out the style and fabric though. He does not care though.

Tell him. I had to tell DH in medical school that he dressed like a dork and that I worried people would never take him seriously if he did not start dressing like someone his age. He needed the push from me and now he looks back at pictures from when he was younger and we were dating and he is like "why did you let me leave the house like that?"

Kayser3207
by on May. 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here. He tried and he's pretty good about buying his own shirts but pants, ties, anything else, forget it. Now as sad as it might seem, his mom and I dress my guy. lol I never confronted him on it. I just buy him clothes before he needs them so he doesn't have a reason to buy anything himself. 

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

My husband stopped buying his own clothes a while ago. We're both happier when I do it for him. Lol

mommy2lexinmark
by on May. 26, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Lose them in the wash or say they shrunk and now fit a baby doll...if not u know they will haunt u!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on May. 26, 2012 at 9:45 AM
"Accidentally" spill bleach on them? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN