Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

About to flip out. Vent. Update

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM
  • 14 Replies
My exh had ds for the weekend and I was suppose to pick ds up at 4 at his house. Well exh decided to go to the beach without telling me and just assumed he could keep ds tonight and take home to school in the morning. I said no. 1 you don't have his school stuff and no.2 I would like to see ds today and the court order says 4 pm is the switch time on holidays. Exh got mad and said well now ds can't go to the beach cause we have to leave now and its all my fault. He then told me to meet him at his house at 4. Well it's not my fault he didn't plan ahead and it is now 4:15 and I'm sitting outside his house waiting for him to get home. Idk what I should do. He is in violation of our court order but idk if I call the police if they can do anything.

Plus it's really hot and I have to pee. Grrrr

Update: He finally got home at 4:30 after telling me he would get there when he gets there and not answering my text or phone call to see how far away they were.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderwomen1
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Why didnt u just bring his school stuff to him so his dad could keep him? Sounds like he really wanted to care for him and have fun so it would be good for ds.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowermama2011
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Sorry mama, I hate that, my ex pulled that crap too, I tried not to involve the cops, it always gets ugly,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aidensmommy92
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM
That would make me very mad I don't know if u need to call the courts maybe if u give him crap about him that would help if he does it again then I would call sorry he's bein an ass:( hope u enjoy ur evening with ur son:)
NiCo86
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Id want my kid home, too.

Quoting wonderwomen1:

Why didnt u just bring his school stuff to him so his dad could keep him? Sounds like he really wanted to care for him and have fun so it would be good for ds.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Document it. Keep a journal of this stuff. If he's consistent not following the court set rules, THEN file a complaint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cschmura
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I didn't send his school stuff because I wanted to spend time with ds today too. Ds gets to go to his dads house way more than what is court ordered. Plus ds wasn't going to the beach with his dad, he was going with his grandparents. Exh was staying in the condo to play his computer game which is what he does most of the time ds is with him.

Quoting wonderwomen1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slayton723
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Its not always that simple I know guys that only wanted the kids more because it ment less child support they had to pay. Had nothing to do with spending time with their child. I pray this isnt one of those situations but ive seen it many times before

Quoting wonderwomen1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cschmura
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:23 PM
This is a constant thing with exh. He has yet to be on time for a pick up or drop off in the year and a half we have had the court order.

Quoting NiCo86:

Document it. Keep a journal of this stuff. If he's consistent not following the court set rules, THEN file a complaint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomen1
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Im sorry:-( i would be really mad then. I just know sometimes us mommys dont want to share our kiddos but in your situation I agree with how you feel.

Man I would call the court if he kept this up. Maybe warn him first?

Quoting Cschmura:

I didn't send his school stuff because I wanted to spend time with ds today too. Ds gets to go to his dads house way more than what is court ordered. Plus ds wasn't going to the beach with his dad, he was going with his grandparents. Exh was staying in the condo to play his computer game which is what he does most of the time ds is with him.

Quoting wonderwomen1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cschmura
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:26 PM
He's behind on support anyway. That's not it. It's just what is easier and what his plans were. It started with me asking where to pick ds up and he said Ohhh well we aren't going to be getting back from the beach till late tonight so I will just take him to school. My parenting time starts at 4 pm and he didn't even ask if was ok.

Quoting Slayton723:

Its not always that simple I know guys that only wanted the kids more because it ment less child support they had to pay. Had nothing to do with spending time with their child. I pray this isnt one of those situations but ive seen it many times before

Quoting wonderwomen1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN