Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Before there was MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, or whatever else...

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM
  • 119 Replies
4 moms liked this

What did you do? As far as having an outlet, or someone to talk to?

There's nothing wrong with social media sites, I think they're a great way to allow people into your lives who are maybe far away (friends, and loved ones), they're even a great way to reconnect with people from our past. But why do people post so many personal things on these sites? There's so much drama! People are "fighting" with each other, couples are airing their dirty laundry for the world to see, and don't even get me started on the pictures LMBO! 

What happened to the good old days when we would just confront someone we had an issue with, instead of posting "You're such a b*tch...you know who you are?" What happened to telling our signficant other "I hate you right now?" instead of posting it online? Is nothing private anymore?

Seriously...what did you do before all of this came along? Do you guys even remember a world without Facebook? LOL!

by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by Donna on May. 29, 2012 at 7:09 PM
I agree.
Gealach
by on May. 29, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
As far as online goes, I had something called teenopendiary and then livejournal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

OMG! no one else remembers those! I had teenopendiary and then I had tagged and myspace around the same time. Met dh on tagged :)

Quoting Gealach:

As far as online goes, I had something called teenopendiary and then livejournal

VirgoMom07
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:27 PM
I used to paint and write a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on May. 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Nothing. I had no real life friends. I grew up and still live in a small town where I was relentlessly bullied, I had no friends.

sara_3388
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM
I used to read and write a lot.... I still do just not as much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Before then I was still in school so I would see my friends in school and make plans with them then. Then I'd go home and call my BFF and we'd talk on the phone for a few hours. No idea how we spent so much time talking and not running out of things to say, but we were "attached at the hip" so we usually spent the weekends together, too.

NikkiAtkinson
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Well we used aim and teenopendiary lol. I.used to write a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2twins9909
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Teenchat.net and yahoo chat lol

yahoo im and msn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on May. 29, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Hopefully my teenopendiary is obliterated lol, that would be embarrassing. I found DH's old Xanga account from when he was 16, its hilarious ;)

Quoting Gealach:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)