Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Dating advice

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:43 AM
  • 121 Replies

Ok...

So this (IMO) realllllly good looking guy asked me out Friday. I said yes. And I have a sitter. We've been talking all day long via phone calls and texts for a while, share mutual friends, a similar upbringing, and past, and we get along well. We both have crushes on each other, and he is sweet.

I'm 29, 5'0", 160, 3 kids. He is 25, 5'11, an Air Force Veteran, 2 kids. 

I'm not asking for advice about dating in the middle of divorce. I already know I am going on this date. And I am nervous and excited. What I am asking... is... do you think I stand a chance?

I'll post pics... the thing is... STBXDH didn't exactly do wonders for my self esteem. And neither did my weight gain. (I've lost almost 30lbs since March, though) And while FlyBoy keeps making it a point to tell me daily, at least once, that I am beautiful, I still am freakin' a bit about meeting face to face finally, Friday. I know I am still tummy chunky. And I know he is all smexy. He's a mason, as well as former military, and in suuuuch good shape. Ok, so yes, he tells me every day that he is thinking about me constantly. And he has told his friends about me, and they wanna meet me. And he's already making future plans, like for the 4th of July. And he's this blatantly honest kinda guy, too. He's already been through divorce, and keeps telling me that he has had the time to figure out himself and what he wants in life, and that he can totally see a potential future with me, including my kids....I keep telling him to wait until after Friday to say these things, that he may change his mind. He scoffs. He truly does. And he is on my Facebook, so I know he has seen pics of me from my wedding through pregnancies, bad hair days, etc. And he likes my personality. We laugh, and we interrupt each other in excitement, and... yeah. 

( as you can tell, I am nervous as fuck and rambling, and I still have like 2 days....AUUUUGH)

Anywho... ok, so. Here is him.....

holding his niece... I'll add another couple of shots of him in replies. And me, too.

ANNND me... most recent pic...

ANYWHO....

So. I know Ima regret this... but... let me hear your opinions...

(Will add more pics, gimme a sec)

by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hellokittyy
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:46 AM
You both are adorable !!!!

Your beautiful girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
4 moms liked this
You're sex on a stick. You're sensual, beautiful in an effortless way, have a great rack and are brilliant. He should lick the heels of your shoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoxyJI
He is fucking delicious.
You're gorgeous.
Looks goooood to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treasure1212
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:48 AM
I think you two would look cute together . I say you do .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Some men really do like more curvy voluptuous women. You may be exactly what he likes. Or he may be so into you already that he doesn't care about those few extra pounds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshleyPie
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:49 AM
You are very pretty! And he seems like a great guy. Even if you were ugly, which you're not, it is possible for a guy to like you for who you are, not what you look like. Have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:53 AM

go for it, why not?

StarryRain
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

StarryRain
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Awwwww, thank you!!! 

Quoting hellokittyy:

Your beautiful girl

hellokittyy
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM
He's so dreamy lolllll

Have fun

Quoting StarryRain:

Awwwww, thank you!!! 

Quoting hellokittyy:

Your beautiful girl

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN