Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Craigslist question?

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 42 Replies
My gma is trying to sell her car via Craigslist. She's gotten a couple people to respond. Both are out of state and want her to set up a PayPal account. Now I am a very big skeptic about things like these. I have a hard time trusting people anyways.

Is this something you would do?

I would rather her sell it to someone in state that can come personally hand her a Check/money order/cash.

Wwyd?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kennadismom
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM
I would not do it....I'm paranoid over stuff like that
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:54 PM
2 moms liked this
No, it's a scam. Don't do it. Think about it, would you buy a car you couldn't/didn't test drive first?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Only sell to someone who can come to her(local). I wouldn't trust somone who says to set up an account or who offers to mail money, etc...I would only take cash, I wouldn't even take a check or money order.

coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

oh no. It's a scam, they even have a warning about those kind of replies on there.

mom_of_one_2010
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Don't do the PayPal. Edit the add to say something like no pay pal. Must be cash
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peytons_Mama09
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Thanks ladies. I'll let her know. I don't sell much on CL so I don't really read the disclaimers. But I will tell her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Don't allow her to take a check either. I'd take cash or money order only. A check could bounce and she wouldn't know until the car is long gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michellej428
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM
I agree with all of these ladies. I had set up a PayPal a long, long time ago and someone hacked it and bought a $700 computer with my money and it was a huge pain and very time consuming to get the money back. Wait till you find someone you can meet in person!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peytons_Mama09
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Oh yea never thought of that. Thanks.

Quoting rwebb11:

Don't allow her to take a check either. I'd take cash or money order only. A check could bounce and she wouldn't know until the car is long gone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waterlily89
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Personally I would so it in the same area and not out of state its too easy to get scammed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN