Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

New Mom : Needing some encouragement

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:01 AM
  • 27 Replies

This is my 2nd child. I did alot better with him than with my first, especially on my weight gain, healthier food intake and staying somewhat active. 

My son is now almost 4 months old. Granted I've lost most of my pregnancy weight. But my body hasn't (and wont for another 5 months or so) lose it's roundness in the mid section. This is so frustrating because I don't even feel comfortable wearing regular clothes. Unless it's stretchy I feel like my stomach is buldgin out. And it's summer time, so I don't feel comfortable in a bathingsuit. I hate wearing one of those 'mom' suites with a skirt and oversized to hide it all. Especially when I have a new black and white polka dot bikini (halter top and brief bottoms) sitting in my dresser drawer. 

Before I ever had kids, I looked awesome! 5'8 150 lbs. I've always been curvy. But I had a smaller waist. I never had to work out, didn't have to put forth the effort to stay small. Now, I'm just stuck. I can't seem to find any motivation to get up and work out, or go to the gym.  I'm the type that I have to have someone else with me to excersize or else I lose interest quickly. Sadly, majority of my friends have their own lives (different from mine) or don't live around here. 

I desperately need some encouragement and advice on how to be self motivating. Or easy work outs that i can perhaps do with my children, that isn't extremely time consuming.   

Please no rude comments. This is a touchy subject for me. I need POSITIVITY!  Thanks ladies!

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissy852
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:05 AM
you can do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Si21
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Confidence is key mama I say rock that bikini anyway !! (: lol but umm I'd say try a fitness class or smthn bc u could wrk out and also make new friends tht have similar fitness goals . Try zumba or maybe pilates (I hear they r good for the midsection/core)? I have a hard time also motivatin myself and I dnt like wrkn alone either /: I've been actually wrkn out using the xbox/kinect lol tht way I dnt hafta leave home and my little brother can join, which could be an option since you'd like to work with ur kids .. Good luck and keep updating I hope things work out for you (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SAHM2011
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Yea I know confidence is key. I have days that I'm like hey! I look great to have just had a child 3.5 months ago. Others I feel like a cow! lol   I've thought about putting the bikini on but I'm so self conscious. I know my husband would try to make me feel good about it, but he knows how I am.   I have a gym membership waiting to be renewed. But every time I mention it to my husband he's like , we'll start monday', or something. Monday gets here, he gets home from work and he's killed so I don't even want to ask......I've thought about just getting on Netflix and finding something like kick boxing. Something that requires at least 30 minutes, and alot of movement. I am seriously getting tired of wearing no thing but stretchy clothes and not being able to wear my fav. jean shorts or anything...blah! But thank you very much, I'll have to get something figured out and keep progress posted.

Quoting Si21:

Confidence is key mama I say rock that bikini anyway !! (: lol but umm I'd say try a fitness class or smthn bc u could wrk out and also make new friends tht have similar fitness goals . Try zumba or maybe pilates (I hear they r good for the midsection/core)? I have a hard time also motivatin myself and I dnt like wrkn alone either /: I've been actually wrkn out using the xbox/kinect lol tht way I dnt hafta leave home and my little brother can join, which could be an option since you'd like to work with ur kids .. Good luck and keep updating I hope things work out for you (:

prdmomnarmywife
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:27 AM
You just had a baby , wear what you want to the pool !screw anyone that says anything ! .. The easiest way I cut the weight was no sugar (soda ect) lots of water . Going for a walk , sometimes a couple mins of jogging , and turbo jam was amazing . However for a cheap alternative there are Julian michaels vids at Walmart and dance videos for 9$ I also turned up my music and danced with ds a lot , he was happy being held and I got a nice work out ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SAHM2011
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:33 AM

haha sounds almost fun. I'm sure he did have fun.   

I've thought about just wearing my bikini, bc it's not like i'm HUGE, but i just feel like i would be showing everything that no one including me, doesn't want to see. I don't feel confident in a bikini anymore bc of it. But yes, I have to constantly remind myself that my son is only (almost) 4 months old.    

I'm bad on soda...that's my weakness......how did you get yourself to where you didn't drink it? 

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

You just had a baby , wear what you want to the pool !screw anyone that says anything ! .. The easiest way I cut the weight was no sugar (soda ect) lots of water . Going for a walk , sometimes a couple mins of jogging , and turbo jam was amazing . However for a cheap alternative there are Julian michaels vids at Walmart and dance videos for 9$ I also turned up my music and danced with ds a lot , he was happy being held and I got a nice work out ;)

Si21
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:41 AM
True I understand that .. hey the kick boxing thing sounds good tho u should try that I've been doing--excuse me, TRYING cardio boxing on this fitness video game lol its been kickin my ass but its been doin the trick I feel like its workin and i feel better afterwards just knowing I've done a little somethin rather than nothing at all . Try it out and c how it goes ! I'm sick of stretchy clothes too but i have a few more months of baby to go lol and I've alwaysbeen a small girl so i know how u feel I actually teared up seeing girls n bikinis the other day lol /: it'll get better soon tho just keep working at it !

Quoting SAHM2011:

Yea I know confidence is key. I have days that I'm like hey! I look great to have just had a child 3.5 months ago. Others I feel like a cow! lol   I've thought about putting the bikini on but I'm so self conscious. I know my husband would try to make me feel good about it, but he knows how I am.   I have a gym membership waiting to be renewed. But every time I mention it to my husband he's like , we'll start monday', or something. Monday gets here, he gets home from work and he's killed so I don't even want to ask......I've thought about just getting on Netflix and finding something like kick boxing. Something that requires at least 30 minutes, and alot of movement. I am seriously getting tired of wearing no thing but stretchy clothes and not being able to wear my fav. jean shorts or anything...blah! But thank you very much, I'll have to get something figured out and keep progress posted.

Quoting Si21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmomnarmywife
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:42 AM
It was a lot funner then working out would have been , I hate working out lol and I got to include ds . I would honestly wear it , I am very self conscious too . I have horrible stretch marks , it seriously looks like a tiger attacked , and a little pouch from my csection . Dh took me to the beach and I didn't want to wear it , until I got out and seen people bigger then me and other moms doing it . It made me feel good that other people had the confidence to do it regardless of their shape , and no one cared or looked at me . It seems scary and like everyone will notice but no one will I promise ! Soda was my weakness as well , I slowly weaned myself off from it . Drinking less and less , towards the end if I wanted it I would take a drink and dump the rest . I did this until it was all out of the house . It's hard but you can do it !!

Quoting SAHM2011:

I've thought about just wearing my bikini, bc it's not like i'm HUGE, but i just feel like i would be showing everything that no one including me, doesn't want to see. I don't feel confident in a bikini anymore bc of it. But yes, I have to constantly remind myself that my son is only (almost) 4 months old.    

I'm bad on soda...that's my weakness......how did you get yourself to where you didn't drink it? 

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SAHM2011
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM

lol I know what you mean. If I see someone in a bikini it just makes me more frustrated. But I think that I'll try the kick boxing. I know I'll have to alter it a bit. I know I won't be able to do it all at first. It'll end up kicking my ass too lol. But like you said, it's better than doing nothing at all. 

Quoting Si21:

True I understand that .. hey the kick boxing thing sounds good tho u should try that I've been doing--excuse me, TRYING cardio boxing on this fitness video game lol its been kickin my ass but its been doin the trick I feel like its workin and i feel better afterwards just knowing I've done a little somethin rather than nothing at all . Try it out and c how it goes ! I'm sick of stretchy clothes too but i have a few more months of baby to go lol and I've alwaysbeen a small girl so i know how u feel I actually teared up seeing girls n bikinis the other day lol /: it'll get better soon tho just keep working at it !

Quoting SAHM2011:

Quoting Si21:

SAHM2011
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Yea I have stretch marks from my previous pregnancy and a few new ones from this pregnancy. I just gain all of my weight in my lower abdomen. and in my hips. It's ike from m y natural waist up looks normal. I've seen women like 3 times my size wearing things more revealing than even I wear. It amazes me how they can wear things like that, b ut I dont feel comfortable wearing shorts that are past my mid thigh. I will have to work on the soda and start on the water. I just always hate the transition. It's like I'm pregnant again having to run back and fourth to the bathroom lol

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

It was a lot funner then working out would have been , I hate working out lol and I got to include ds . I would honestly wear it , I am very self conscious too . I have horrible stretch marks , it seriously looks like a tiger attacked , and a little pouch from my csection . Dh took me to the beach and I didn't want to wear it , until I got out and seen people bigger then me and other moms doing it . It made me feel good that other people had the confidence to do it regardless of their shape , and no one cared or looked at me . It seems scary and like everyone will notice but no one will I promise ! Soda was my weakness as well , I slowly weaned myself off from it . Drinking less and less , towards the end if I wanted it I would take a drink and dump the rest . I did this until it was all out of the house . It's hard but you can do it !!

Quoting SAHM2011:

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

BKWx2
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM

What about running around with the older child - like chasing each other? Gives you exercise and tireds out the child too. I put my 19 month old in a wagon and my 7 month old "hangs" from me... the extra weight from the babies is almost like resistence and gets my heart rate up while walking. They love being outside and I'm getting some exercise. I also do push ups but with the kids. Its a game to them but working my arms. I'll lay on my back on the floor and put them on my shins, moving them up and down, and it works my abs and hips. I have no time for regular exercise with 2 little ones because by the time they go to bed, I'm beat... I've tried Insanity which definitely works but I didn't keep up with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN