Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

so f***ing furious!! *update*

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 5 Replies

**UPDATE** Ok so after I posted this I called 24petwatch (company of the chip in her) let them know our dog was missing and gave them description well what information they didn't have and made sure to update my information. I walked around our yard (we live on 10 acres of land), hollared and whistled for an hour (she usually comes when you whistle)- nothing. I drove around for a half hour (didn't go to far cause there are some areas I don't know and didn't feel like getting lost since I only had a quarter tank of gas- didn't see her. So I went to the store and waited on a phone from animal place (vet, pound, humane society). I got home about 20 minutes and as I pullled up to the gate she came running up like always as if she's been here. She always chases cars that go by and she never did (while she was missing) so I don't think she was here but then again I just thought of the possibility that she was in our house (it's a trailer) since there's a huge hole in the bathroom floor and we haven't put skirting on yet. I don't know I'm just glad she's home. 

Ugh... so when df got home this morning he didn't shut the gate which is seriously something he forgets everytime he comes home. Well i got up at 930 gate is wide open. mind you there's 3 outside dogs and 3 inside that spend most of the day outside if its not to hot or raining. So I go check to see if anyone's missing freak out cause I don't see any dogs, the 2older ones were in their "room" and of course my dog is no where in sight!! It wouldn't be so bad but that's usually who ds plays with while he's outside, now ds knows his dog isn't here so he's a screaming cranky mess I'm about on wits end with it and the best part? I won't be allowed another dog until we move!! Which will be god knows when.... ugh!! Well if she doesn't come home tonight I'm going to check dog pounds and such, probably should call and change information on her little id insert thing just in case. When I go to the store in a few I'm going to drive around some see if I see her. If not Ill expect the worst. Hopefully I can catch the one neighbors see if they seen her when they went past this morning, or our neighbor took her which I've heard he's done plenty of times. I mean she still has her Ohio dog tags on and her chip tag on... ugh... I'm just pissed because df has wanted to get rid of her for awhile now for no reason other than she sheds a lot (she's a husky mix). He knows if he does it on purpose he's going to be eating his own dick and balls for supper since she's unmanageable if ds isn't around and we know from experience. Its taking all I can right now to not wake his ass up and give him an ear full for his carelessness. He's lucky the other 2 dogs are almost on their deathbeds otherwise I'm sure wed be kicked out right then.....

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I would be calling all the local shelters and pounds in case she shows up

CheyennesMommy2
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Maybe you could try and find her now? In sitiuations like that the longer the time the worse the circumstances can be. She could get hit by a car. Maybe try making flyers and handing them to neighbors? If you call the police they should be able to help find her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lj.smommy
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Well I just updated her chip and they checked to make sure she wasn't teken to a vet or anything. Just got my son ready and we're heading out now. We really don't have neighbors, and since I live in the country our closest neighbor is an easy walk but he's crazy and has threatened to kill mil and has already taken their dogs and threatened to shoot ours though she stays on our property which is fenced in. The police here are useless. MIL has called them with complaints and thye've ignored (drugs, speeding on this road, threats)

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Maybe you could try and find her now? In sitiuations like that the longer the time the worse the circumstances can be. She could get hit by a car. Maybe try making flyers and handing them to neighbors? If you call the police they should be able to help find her.

mJenn88
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM

My husband did the same thing, we have two rotties the older one is his and the baby girl is mine and mine was the only one getting out. I would just look around and have some treats on hand, I would get mine to come back with a squeaky toy, maybe that could work for you?

lj.smommy
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM

My dog is strange, she don't like dog treats or any kind of toy. She's been that way since I got her from the pound. I did hunt for her I walked around the yard (we live on 10 acres) didn't find her, drove around the area and didn't see her. I ended up just going to the store like planned and when I came home she came running up to the gate like she's been there the whole time.

Quoting mJenn88:

My husband did the same thing, we have two rotties the older one is his and the baby girl is mine and mine was the only one getting out. I would just look around and have some treats on hand, I would get mine to come back with a squeaky toy, maybe that could work for you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)