Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
It is only a question.

In YOUR OPINION, is suicide ever justifiable?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
Roxygurl
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
It depends. If the person has a terminal disease and is in pain then yes. If the person is just having a hard time in life at the moment then I say no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Took the words out of my mouth.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I was going to say no flat out, but then I thought about it. I don't know if I could say no if say I was dying from a terminal illness and in daily horrible pain. 

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyBigFam6
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:09 AM
To me it can be solely and I mean solely if the person is doing it for reasons other then poor pitiful me. And by that I mean an 80 year old who has lost bowl control, and would rather die now before it gets worse. Another example is someone with terminal illness whose treatment would be more pain then help. I believe its their choice. I don't think it will make the family happy but from experience its more hurtfull on the family when an elderly adult can no longer live on their own and have the mental capacity of an infant and it becomes more painful to watch them live and suffer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyBigFam6
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Exactly BC if you think your life is bad or fed up then you need to do something to change it, change people places or even yourself. Life is what you make it and allow it to be.

Quoting Roxygurl:

It depends. If the person has a terminal disease and is in pain then yes. If the person is just having a hard time in life at the moment then I say no

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabearlehman
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Suicides go to hell for taking a life so NO. No matter how much pain they experience on earth, it is nothing compared to the eternal suffering they would experience. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM
3 moms liked this
The exact words that suicide will send you to hell was never clearly spoken in the Bible..... Just so you know. :)

Quoting mamabearlehman:

Suicides go to hell for taking a life so NO. No matter how much pain they experience on earth, it is nothing compared to the eternal suffering they would experience. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2beautiesnb
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this
My grandma commited suicide. Before that happened i'd never say it's ok. And i would say it's selfish. However, my grandma was so depressed to the point of it starting to affect her health. One night she put a bullet in her head a few yrs ago. Who was more selfish? I tend to think it was us. Who wants their loved one to remain here if they truly cannot stand life? Why make them stay when they are so miserable that they just cannot take it anymore? Talk about slow torturous death. And when it comes to terminal illness i can understand that too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Only if you believe in that, and many people of the world don't. They believe their suffering will end. Yes it leaves people here to suffer though. 

Quoting mamabearlehman:

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:29 AM
I say no. I believe it is selfish and causes pain to many people. I believe in hope and miraculous healing even in the case of terminal illness, but with suicide you take the option of healing away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)