Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Using a childhood name on your child....

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this

About 90% of us ladies once played with dolls or barbies when we were little.  Did anyone actually name their child their favorite "childhood doll name"?  If so, what's the name?!

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stayathomemo271
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Annabell
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_diva_
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM
If I would have had a girl I would have. But I was blessed with 2 precious little boys :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM
no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmommy18
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I named all my dolls Bricelyn growing up but my daughters father didn't like it.  So my second choice was Shanelle and that's what I named my daughter.  But hopefully I'm blessed with another girl and she will be named Bricelyn!  :D  Thanks girls!

Autumn22
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM
I named my first Audrie after my favorite rag doll... Which i still have :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Nope. My dolls name was Amethyst Rose and the other came named hers was Estelle. My baby girls name is Emma Leigh.

michaelsmom25
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I have two boys so no, but if I ever have a girl I would like to name her olivia after my childhood doll. Better run it by dh first though lol

momma_bear3
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I did not. I always wanted to be Alyssa or Nicole when we were playing. Those names didnt even enter my head when I choose names for my babies lol.

MyBigFam6
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Alittle off topic but My daughter is two and since she was about 15 months she has had a stuffed rabbit, on her own with no influence or knowledge or a person with the name she called her bunny Gabby. She loves that bunny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM
My ds had a stuffed dog when he was that age that he named Sophie. I have no idea where it came from either.

When I was little, I loved the name Denise. Not even close to what dd is actually named.

Quoting MyBigFam6:

Alittle off topic but My daughter is two and since she was about 15 months she has had a stuffed rabbit, on her own with no influence or knowledge or a person with the name she called her bunny Gabby. She loves that bunny.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)