Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

my friend is delusional on child support

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM
  • 9 Replies
she feels her ex should be paying $535 per month on their 2 kids. Theyre in the process of divorcing. He has their kids over 1/2 the time for one thing. She makes 25k and he makes 36k, which is a big difference, but she gets $200ish per month for cs for her first child. And he pays his ex about that for support for his first, so they will take it into consideration (I worked with cs enforcement for a case managment job I had). Plus he pays insurence on both kids and pays the sitter $135 per wk, again, things they look at. So now shes spending $ like crazy thinking hes going to pay that. I tried to tell her to slow down she'd regret it later on when her order came in for less money, but she is totally convinced shes gonna end up with that much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM

It could happen I guess. My ex-husband pays $2000/month in child support for 3 kids from 3 different moms, and he makes only $3800/month

ikesmommy200
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM
i guess maybe if she has an awesome lawyer. I just keep trying to tell her its not typical and she shouldnt count on it until it actually goes through

Quoting ambermarie2006:

It could happen I guess. My ex-husband pays $2000/month in child support for 3 kids from 3 different moms, and he makes only $3800/month

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Holy shit! What a winner!

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I know right. My son is 6 1/2, but his daughters are only 8 months apart (10 months old and 18 months old)....he swears he wasn't cheating on his other ex-wife *eye roll*

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Wow what a dousche!!

Guess that's why you've moved onto bigger and better :-)

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I know right. My son is 6 1/2, but his daughters are only 8 months apart (10 months old and 18 months old)....he swears he wasn't cheating on his other ex-wife *eye roll*

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM
My sister gets $535 a month for 1 kid from her exbf. I get $427 for my 3 from my exh. She needs to stop blocking out reality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

It also depends on the state. Like I have a first born and receive less support than the mother of the 2nd born. She shouldnt' count on money until the order is put in, I know some moms get less than $100/month

Quoting ikesmommy200:

i guess maybe if she has an awesome lawyer. I just keep trying to tell her its not typical and she shouldnt count on it until it actually goes through

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Fields456
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM
It's very possible she could get that for 2 kids but she shouldn't be planning on it. That's just dumb
littlecheifsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM

counting the chickens before the hatch is just nieve and stupid.

it really depends on the state she lives in and the judge.

but if hes paying for other things, i doubt she will get anything close to what she thinks she will get. after all its 50/50 in the eyes of the court.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN