Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes, I think I should let someone stick stuff into my 12 year old daughters vagina.

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM
  • 121 Replies
1 mom liked this

What do you think, should pelvic exams be done on girls before they lose their virginity?  I got one when I started my menses at 13, and I intend to get one for my daughters when they start their menses, rgardless of sexual experience.  There is a history of ovarian cancer in my family, my sister is a cancer survivor and I've been found with malignant cells ever since my first exam.  They are now saying that under 21 the organs are too undeveloped to give any legitimate reading, but what about other issues that could come up? 

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maybaby1987usa
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My little sister is a 17 year old virgin anbd is slamming doors and stuff right now because she feels it is a form of molestation.  -gross-...

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM
6 moms liked this
I wouldn't do it. I remember getting my first one done and climbing up the chair screaming because it hurt and I was uncomfortable. I will leave the choice up to my child. No one needs to be down there without her permission.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM
No not at all. It will only scare the 12 yo and it isnt nesicary.sp i was told wait until i was acitive when i asked for one at 20
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM
I had my first one at 17 after I lost my virginity. Had I not had sex at 17 I would've gotten my first at 18.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angi07
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM
It's part of being a women and its uncomfortable regardless of sexual experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avajeansmomma
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I had to have them because I was raped in the 5th grade. It was an awful experience. It hurts! I am a small lady down there and it just never feels right even now. I didn't like getting my first sonogram because they stuck that probe deal up me.. I wanted to punch someone.

GomezMami2908
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM
7 moms liked this

Absolutely not! I didn't go to the OB until I was sexually active, no reason to before in my opinion. I would never ever put my tween thru that, talk about traumatic! 

KatherynsMommy
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 19 and a virgin when I got my first one. It was painful but I looked at it in a mature way because my great grandmother died of ovarian and uterine cancer and my mom had endometriosis. I wanted to protect myself from what they had to suffer through by getting examed and catching it early if I did end up developing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudGBmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM
9 moms liked this
That's quite the conundrum... I would talk to her let her know that there is a history of ovarian cancer in the family and let her know why you think its a good idea but leave it up to her. Be open to her questions and don't try to sway her either way. Reitterate that its completely up to her and that its her body and you will stand behind her 100% on her decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM
3 moms liked this
No way would I subject my child to that!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)