Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Woah what a deal! *update*

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:49 AM
  • 12 Replies

DH and I are looking for land to build a house on, and I can't believe the deal I found today. Under $25,000 for 10 acres with river frontage. I am trying to figure out  why its so cheap though, I'm worried that it won't perk (have a well put in). For that price, its worth just buying for an investment property, even if we don't use it to build on!

Update: So Papa and I went to look at the property and its already been approved for perk. Apparently its so cheap because the owner died and his children are selling his property quickly. There's an adjoining property they are selling as well, but I'm not interested in a double wide. The property will have to be cleared a little bit for a house, but for that price I can do that! We found that the property is assessed at $80,000 so it would be worth it.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3082850766-10-Acr-Milby-Town-Road-Shacklefords-VA-23156

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3angels23
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:18 AM
That is a darn good price for 10 acres
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Probably either won't perk for well or septic...or it's in a flood zone, and insurance would be HIGH. 

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:16 AM
That deal sounds almost too good to be true. I hope it's not, that would be awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM
We shall see. My Papa is a contractor and going to go look the property over today for me

Quoting Courtney610:

That deal sounds almost too good to be true. I hope it's not, that would be awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM

bumpittttttttty

JMKristy
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Sounds awesome!! Are you going to go for it??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM

We are buying it, not sure if we will build on it or another family member. Our family has the tendency to buy cheap properties when we see them lol

Quoting JMKristy:

JMKristy
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Lol!! Well I hope it works out and you are able to eventually build your dream home on it!!!

Quoting ambermarie2006:

We are buying it, not sure if we will build on it or another family member. Our family has the tendency to buy cheap properties when we see them lol

Quoting JMKristy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM
NICE! I hope yall can get it! Thats a steal!
squishylove
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Is it in a flood zone since there's a river on it?

My dh is like that with buying land that is a good deal. He likes land that him and his friends can go hog hunting and four wheeling on, but in the future we can build our dream house on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)