Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

online classes and schools..

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:06 AM
  • 20 Replies
Has anyone taken online classes and gotten a degree? I want to get my bachelors in forensic science. And thinking about taking online classes with an online school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DeeDee_28
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:08 AM
I'm currently attending the university of Phoenix. The classes are easy and I'll be done next summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:18 AM
What are you going for? How long have you been taken them?

Quoting DeeDee_28:

I'm currently attending the university of Phoenix. The classes are easy and I'll be done next summer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:19 PM

online classes are good..not hard. You just have to put in the effort.

You can take Forensics online? I would of thought it'd be more hands on..

DeeDee_28
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Almost a year. I'm going for business administration.

Quoting luvmykids08_10:

What are you going for? How long have you been taken them?

Quoting DeeDee_28:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I took a few over the course of the last few years to get my AA. I hated every single one.  I have finished all of the requirements for my AA now and I feel that the quality of educationa and the level of work required as well as the level of competence required to pass was much greater with an in person class room.

JAMmom1022
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I start school in the fall with online core classes but will have to attend classes for my major specific classes. The most important thing is making sure you are taking classes from an accredited online school otherwise your degree will be useless. I also have two friends who are taking both online and classroom classes and they say their online classes are harder than their classroom classes. 

sweettigeress
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

online classes are good..not hard. You just have to put in the effort.

You can take Forensics online? I would of thought it'd be more hands on..

this is what i was thinking as well.

in love       girl on a swing            toddler girl

Wife to Josh  Mother to Saria        Mother to Kairi

firstimemommy21
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I been doing school online for a year now with Everest University and the classes are somewhat easy but I like a challenge I will have my A.S. in Business October 2013

haydensmom4610
by Jess on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I took online classes for a while for my paralegal degree, but I didn't feel like I was learning anything. I guess it depends on the person though.

Shermy
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:57 PM

What do you want to do with your degree in forensic science? What is your career path? I ask because, for some reason I was talking about this with ..... crap, I don't even remember, a reliable source though, I promise , and they have suggested that FS as an undergraduate degree isn't the most worthwhile major to pursue at an undergraduate level, but rather science is. 

Not that you shouldn't do this - but online universities are a giant freaking money suck. It is important to find something that will return your costs (ex: if your degree is in chemistry and the FS field is narrow and you can't get your foot in the door, then you are not screwed. You have a marketable major on many levels).

I did not get my degree online, but I have seen them work for some people and be an awful source of debt for others, enter with caution and a game plan that provides built in options.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)