Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

online classes and schools..

Has anyone taken online classes and gotten a degree? I want to get my bachelors in forensic science. And thinking about taking online classes with an online school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
Aadensma
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM
I don't think a lot of BA degrees are offered online at any school. It's mostly masters programs. That's what I have found at least. I love online classes! Going to class sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I take online classes but through a community college and university.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby8901
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Start at a community college!!! Do basic online but with forensics you'll have to do class time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smiles0305
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:52 AM
If your more off a visual learner i suggest going to school with a virtual campus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LML1
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM

bump

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Quoting Smiles0305:

If your more off a visual learner i suggest going to school with a virtual campus.

teddybearmomma
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I got my Bachelors degree online from Post University. All my classes were online and I loved it. 

Momof5kids84
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I graduated from the University of Alabama last December. I did it online. I live about 4 hours from Tuscaloosa. So, I was a true distance learner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I think it depends on the type of program and school you're going to. I went to an actual college for my bachelors but took summer classes online and it was awful. I was expected to do the same amount of work in half the amount of time (6 weeks) and I had 15 credits, the same amount I would take for a regular 4.5 month semester. And I don't learn as well doing it myself vs going to an actual class.

ikesmommy200
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM
just make sure its accredited. A good sign is they offer in seat classes as well. I took my last 3 semesters online and parts of the 3 semesters before that online. Just be careful because there are schools out there that are all online and will take your money then the degree mean nothing. Another good sign is that at least some exams are proctored.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN