Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Gender Reveal!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM
  • 11 Replies

I find out this Friday, what the gender of my Jelly Bean is, and, this is what I plan on doing with the reveal, and telling the family!

DH and I have agreed, that we want to discover together, the gender of the baby, but telling the family, is a whole seperate matter, and instead of texting, or calling, we've invited them all to a simple gathering, we will be doing simple food. Snack platter, pizza, and of drinks.

I've decided that, I'd rather there not be beer at the event. This family has a penchant for drinking, and, I'd rather they be there for the Baby, DH, and myself, not the beer. (Give me opinions on this too.)

I do ramble. I want to fill a pinata with the appropriate gender themed items (blue for boy, pink for girl) and have DH (since his family will be the majority of the atendies). I think it's a really unique way to present, and a great way to show a boat load of people at one time, and, a time to spend together as a family.

What do you folks think?

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessicaEOH
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I like cutting the cake and having the cake colored pink or blue!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiBabii24
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Aww to cute:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greengreengrass
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM
I like the pinata idea. Have the kids, if there are any, take turns hitting it open :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KoKun
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Quoting JessicaEOH:

I like cutting the cake and having the cake colored pink or blue!

My friend Kate is only 2 weeks ahead in her pregnancy, and has already done the cupcake thing. I don't want to bead the dead horse, and I thought this was a really crafty way to keep the flare and fun alive.

KoKun
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I would LOVE to have the kids do it, and if I can, I'll let my little sister, (8) do it, but only if she attends, otherwise, it's gonna be a lot of grown men, a few old grannies, and two fat and preggies.

b.futlz
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:14 AM
I like that idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by Jazmine on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I love that idea, the cake thing is so overused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by Donna on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I like it!

lilangel_4206
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM
My cousins did a video for Facebook. They had the two girls open a present. What ever outfit came out that was the gender. He tried to trick us because he put a bag of jelly beans. We were all waiting all day for the video. It was something different....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KoKun
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Quoting lilangel_4206:

My cousins did a video for Facebook. They had the two girls open a present. What ever outfit came out that was the gender. He tried to trick us because he put a bag of jelly beans. We were all waiting all day for the video. It was something different....

I just don't like the idea of it, it's so impersonal. Maybe for all the long distance folks, but I just like the idea of his family being there, and so I can see thier face, rather than their texts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)