Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

things you should never do: tell a pregnant woman how much weight you feel shes gained

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:34 AM
  • 3 Replies
my sil is such a bitch. Maybe Im just being overly sensitive but me and her aunt are due a few days apart. She made a comment about said aunt not gaining weight and how bad it was for her. I told her actually not really because her aunt was very obese to begin with and with the right nutrition she shouldnt gain much if anything. We see the same team and they advised me to gain 11-15lbs, and I was a sz 10 to begin with so my guess is she was told less having been a sz 26. Well sil looks at me and says "well I can tell youve gained a ton, she doesnt even look pregnant". Wtf? Yes I have a big belly and you can tell because I was not very overweight to being with. For the record, not that its her business, I have only gained 15 lbs. Yes it looks huge because my chest and hips havent grown any, it truely is all baby and I am carry right in the middle and out. Grrrr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
colins_mom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:36 AM
I feel ya. I am a large woman and lost 45 pounds in pregnancy. BUT I didnt look pregnant until I was 7 1/2 to 8 months along... Kinda sucked lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:42 AM
I'm tired of ppl asking why I'm not bigger its annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:42 AM
I was pretty small when I got pregnant with my first (like a sz 6) and I grew up with him so it looked like I had gained weight but not baby weight, and I didnt look pregnant until sometime in the last trimester too

Quoting colins_mom:

I feel ya. I am a large woman and lost 45 pounds in pregnancy. BUT I didnt look pregnant until I was 7 1/2 to 8 months along... Kinda sucked lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)