Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My whole town is out of water!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:49 PM
  • 40 Replies

I woke up today to the house phone going off. It was the water company, telling me that our tank for the whole town is DRY!!!!!!!

Because of the draught, and the extreme high temps for the past 2 weeks ( 100+ every day ), our water tank is completely totally DRY! We have NO WATER!!!!!

What water we do have left is just laying in the water lines, and they have cut the water supply totally off to conserve what is left, so the lines don't run totally dry and get burnt up.

I don't know what to do. I have been gathering jugs of water up ever since I got the phone call, and been calling people I know that still have water to see if they have any jugs I could use for water. Of course they don't, even though I know for a fact that they do. But its okay. I forgive, but I don't forget.

My town is trying to tap into the next closest towns water supply, but they don't know how long that could take. It could take days....or weeks.

Please.....keep us in your thoughts. It is going to be hard for my little town for a while. 

If you want any  more info on this, go to http://www.wksr.com/.  Click  NEWS, then Water Situation Worsens in Minor Hill.

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:53 PM

That sucks, I am so sorry!

EmmaZate
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:55 PM
There are water stores in most areas around here google and see if there are any in your area. And hurry, cause your neighbors probably got the same call. You need to get some before it's too late and it's all gone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Every one got the call. Thats why they have shut the lines down like they have. They were going to just let them run till the water cut off on its own, but so many people were getting water that they had to shut the lines completely down or we would have ran out in less than 15 minutes.

The lines are off now, so we officially have NO water at all. Right now, its 101 outside.

The closest water store itself is Walmart, and they are almost sold out of water ( I know someone who works there and she called to let me know ). I will be going by when I get off work tonight to get some gallons of water, if they have any left.

Quoting EmmaZate:

There are water stores in most areas around here google and see if there are any in your area. And hurry, cause your neighbors probably got the same call. You need to get some before it's too late and it's all gone

MAyers
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Wow good luck momma
Raichu
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM

oh my god! that would be scary!

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Yikes. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
by Katie on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Maybe they can get some water delivered to town. Scary. A lot of people here have portable wells. They hold about 200 gallons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yikesitsmindy
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Wow good luck! Prepping sounds crazy but this makes me glad I have some water storage!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlocsgirl
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

This will keep happening if people don't start conserving!! It makes me sick the seeing perfectly green lawns and cars that are washed every day. That is NOT okay! Good luck, hope the problem is solved soon.

MIMIBRIE
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Good luck! I hope they get y'all some water soon! We're on strict water guidelines here bc were on our last water too :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN