Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

pregnancy weight question

Posted by   + Show Post

Im on my third pregnancy and with my first son before I got pregnant I weighed 115 and I gained 50lbs. He weighed 7lb 3oz.. My second pregnancy I started at 125 and gained 63lbs and he weighed 8lb 9 1/2 oz.. This time around I only gained 16lb and I have at the most 2 weeks left because for some unknown reason I cant carry a baby past 37 weeks but thats ok bc I at least make it to where the Drs consider it full term... does the amount of weight I gain determine the weight of the baby?? I asked a friend and she figured I would know this since Im on my third but I never really paid attention until my last appt and the girl mentioned it. I eat everything in sight and its all day every day haha..so I was just curious.. and I keep having dreams she is 6lb 7oz lol...

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (121-122):
JocelynsMama1
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:56 AM

it wont coincidently work out that way for you but in general weight gain is not a good judge for size...my boss nd i were pregnant at the same time she gained like 70lbs and i only gained 22....everyone including my dr thought id have a 5lb baby and we allthought hers would be 9 or 10 lbs (she normally has big babies the one right before this last pregnancy was over 10 lbs) but nope we were all proven wrong my dd was 7lbs 8 oz and hers ended up being 6lbs and something

Jennybrown
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I gained like 50 with my first and she was 8 lbs 2 ozs born 3 days after her due date. And my second I gained 17 pounds but she was born two weeks early. And weighed 6 lbs 12 ozs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN