Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
Today on Anderson Cooper they were discussing polygamy. They had 4 people who grew up FLDS, and we're raised in Polygamist families. They also interviewed the cast of Sister Wives.

What are your thoughts on polygamy? Should it be illegal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Replies (11-13):
i.m.r.
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Except for the flds but there was a lot of abuse going on there. In the case of sister wives I think it should be legal. As consenting adults they should be able to be happy with that lifestyle. Maybe they could make it so that all parties have to sign the marriage certificate (like all the wives and the husband) so the husband can't just marry whoever they want without their previous wife(wives) knowledge.

Quoting aidenmomplus4:

I think it should be legal, it's not anyone business what people choice to do with their free will. If they are being forced then I don't agree but if it's adults choosing to live this way and it make them happy and they aren't harming anyone. Then the government should stay out of their business, I think the current law was made so that men or women could not take advantage of marrying one wife and then marrying another one without their knowledge so if the first wife is saying yes my husband can have another wife and I'm ok with then we should be telling them what is right or wrong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I totally agree. I love the Brown family, they fascinate me!

Quoting .Pagan.:

i don't have an issue with it. as long as everyone is a legal adult and can consent to it 9not forced) then whatever.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:37 AM
If it is consentual with adults, I don't feel it is my place to judge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)