Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I have been traumatized by my 5 year old *long*

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:43 PM
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this

Today we had to go get my sons blood redrawn. Yes. RE-DRAWN. We did it once and they lost it.  How one loses two viles of blood, idk. Anyways. The first time was his first time getting blood drawn ever, so he didnt know what to expect. He did pretty good sitting, cried a little with the needle and it was over. We tried getting it done yesterday but my son became borderline hysterical and fighting off the technician, begging for me to save him, and screaming for help. I become overly emotional and start to bawl and tell them to stop. SO we spent the rest of the day getting him pumped up for getting it done today. We show up today and he is ready. He jumps out the car, and leads me down the hallway to the lab. We have to wait a few minutes so he plays around and tells everyone he is getting sticked while we wait. When they call us back, he grabs my hand and leads the way. We sit down (him in my lap) and when the tech pulls out the rubber band thing to tie around his arm....he decides he dosent want to do this anymore. He curls in on himself and somehow gets his body behind my arm and halfway around my back saying no. He changed his mind, he is scared and wants to go home. We tried to talk to him but with every word coming out of our mouth, he gets more and more worked up.  I start to wrestle him out from behind me while the tech went to go get a helper to make sure my son keeps his arm still while they have the needle in there. They come back and my son starts to scream. Like high pitch, blood curdling scream. He clings to my arm like a chinese finger trap and wont let go. They both try to pull him off me but he has become one with me. A third technician has to come in and tries to talk some sense into my child but he has gone completely crazy and isnt hearing a thing. they try to get him off me again but this time he latches onto my hair (it was in a pony tail) . He starts screaming again. yelling for help, kicking at the tech, almost disloging all the hair from my head. We finally get him calmed down enough to stop with the screaming and fighting and sit ON my lap. but as soon as the tech twitches slightly, its game on. He clings to my shirt, tries to crawl ON TOP of my head and it takes three of them pulling on him, and me clinging to my shirt for dear life, so they dont take it with them, before they get him off. One of the techs sits in the chair and has my son in a bear hug while the person actaully doing the drawing of the blood is getting everything ready, the third person is trying to get him arm down, and i'm trying to get him to calm down. My son freakin BITES the tech holding him and goes to bite him again but I get my hand over his mouth in time and he starts to scream. I am talking to him, stroking his hair and telling him he needs to calm down, when the person with the needle announces he is making the stick. My son grabs my fingers with a death grip (I seriously thought he might dislocate a few of them) and buries his head in my chest. Once the needle is in, my son goes completly limp. He lifts his head and furrows his eyebrows and asks if its in yet. I tell him it is and he wants to watch. He starts to giggle and exclaim. "It dosent hurt! It dosent hurt!" we leave there with my pony tail on the side of my head, hair every where, my shirt stretched out so bad i'm holding it on me, and a technician with a bandage on his hand (from the bite mark) behind us. My son announces to the audiance (people in the waiting room) That it didnt hurt and he got stickers!!!! Then proceded to SKIP down the hallway and out of the hospital. Yes....that is my child...lol! 

BabyFruit Ticker
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Lol. Oh mama I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kennedysmom83
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Oh man! Kids, funny little creatures aren't they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noey31308
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM
I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktinaza
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Holy .....wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Wow. Sounds like mine around doctors he doesn't know.

We just go straight to the children's hospital now. They are the only ones who can do anything to him without WW3 breaking out. they have the patience of saints!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cmyfantasyworld
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM

wow... Id have just given up. lol. Sorry you had to go through that mama. 

masonsmommy107
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLuvx5
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Lol I've been in that exact situation! Good Job for staying strong mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoganTroyMom
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:58 PM
what the fuck? i would lose it if my son did that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN