Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

ANY IDEAS WOULD HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 25 Replies

My DD will be 3 on the 17th of July and she still using her pacifier. I know its bad for her teeth etc. My husband and I stop giving it to her during the day time, so she only gets it a night time. Our plan is to take it away when she turns three soon. She is addicted to that thing. She will not I repeat will Not sleep without it! So my question is if your child have/had the same problem what did you do? Thanks!

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greengreengrass
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Just take it away cold turkey. You may have a few sleepless nights and screaming fits but she will forget about it. Maybe give her a new stuffed animal to sleep with in place of the paci.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoxyJI
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM
My kids didn't have one past infancy (by that I mean not past 5 months). I had no problems taking it away. Make sure it's gone so you aren't tempted to give it back. They just need tons of extra love hugs, abd kisses for a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kendra0707

Yea thats what I'm thinking. I was just hoping something else out there would do the trick Lol! Thanks:)

Quoting greengreengrass:

Just take it away cold turkey. You may have a few sleepless nights and screaming fits but she will forget about it. Maybe give her a new stuffed animal to sleep with in place of the paci.

ndmom01
Tucker her out, swim, go to the park, whatever it takes, then hopefully she will be too exhausted to notice...that's what we did when my dd was 2.5. She was super attatched to her "beebers" we went camping at the lake and she fell asleep by the campfire in her nana's lap, two nights in a row. When we got home we told her beebers was at the lake! She never took one again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kendra0707
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:36 PM

My baby will need tons of loving. Oh and its going in the trash by 3 years old. I draw the line there. I just want it to be easy, but hey what is these days!! Thanks

Quoting RoxyJI:

My kids didn't have one past infancy (by that I mean not past 5 months). I had no problems taking it away. Make sure it's gone so you aren't tempted to give it back. They just need tons of extra love hugs, abd kisses for a while.

Kennadismom
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I made DD be responsible for her own "b" when she hit 3. I wouldn't look for it if it was missing or she was throwing it around...well let me clarify I "said" I wouldn't look for it but I caves often :( but one day at paps it went mia (Dh was there with her) and after looking for an hr he said that's it ken its gone. 2 long nights later and it was like it didn't exist...she was really addicted to it too I think I was more upset than she was!
Kendra0707
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I made my DS throw his in the garbage, which was so easy btw . He was 2, but my DD is taking my husband and I through the loop. Lol

Quoting Kennadismom:

I made DD be responsible for her own "b" when she hit 3. I wouldn't look for it if it was missing or she was throwing it around...well let me clarify I "said" I wouldn't look for it but I caves often :( but one day at paps it went mia (Dh was there with her) and after looking for an hr he said that's it ken its gone. 2 long nights later and it was like it didn't exist...she was really addicted to it too I think I was more upset than she was!

xocoutureandco
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Cold turkey! Good luck!
BeAmour
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this
My son is 3 and the EXACT same way.

Sunday is his birthday and we are all done with it. We are putting them on balloons and as my mother says, "sending them up to sick babies".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skylersmom44
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:54 PM

This is all you can do. You will have a few bad nights. It is a power struggle but once it is over, it is over. So the sooner the better. Good luck!

Quoting greengreengrass:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN