Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

burning desire?! wtf mate?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM
  • 18 Replies
Sooo had a long talk with my bf..... yeah LOL. I asked when he thought that we would get married... just a curiosity thing. He says he has no burning desire to get married. O.o boggles my mind.

Did your s/o and now Dh have a "burning desire" or did he just kinda decide yeah I wanna marry that woman? I hope this makes sense..... I'm tired and half in the bag... :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Pagan.
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:58 AM

when i first met him he said that he never wanted to get married or have kids. he made it to 27 with that train of thought but i just felt that we were going to anyways. we moved in together abt 3 months alter, lived together for two years, and then one day he was driving down the road listening to the radio and it just hit him that he should go by a ring and ask me. this was after we had a conversation abt 6 months earlier abt marriage. i told him that i wasn't cool with being his girlfriend forever.

miller060905
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:44 AM
My dhs mom divorced 2 men while dh was a child and has now been married 20+ yrs to his step dad but I swear the only reason they aren't divorced is because he drives truck and is only home about once a month for a few days at a time. Dh was very insistent on waiting until we were 110% ready to be married. One day he just decided we were!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ConnorMom228
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Dh said he wanted to marry me, but took 3 years to do it! Lol. Oh well. T least I knew he wanted to, and wasn't just stringing me along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudGBmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM
How long were y'all together for before you got married?

Quoting miller060905:

My dhs mom divorced 2 men while dh was a child and has now been married 20+ yrs to his step dad but I swear the only reason they aren't divorced is because he drives truck and is only home about once a month for a few days at a time. Dh was very insistent on waiting until we were 110% ready to be married. One day he just decided we were!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisPeach
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM
When I met him @ 15 (now 28) I told him that I would be his wife. Of course he thought I was crazy. After a 4 ye breakup (while remaining close friends) we got back 2gether & he popped the question. 4months later we're married!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisPeach
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM
When I met him @ 15 (now 28) I told him that I would be his wife. Of course he thought I was crazy. After a 4 ye breakup (while remaining close friends) we got back 2gether & he popped the question. 4months later we're married!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kendra0707
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

My dh didnt want to when we first met. I was cool with it. I have never been the type of chic that pressure anyone into anything. So after 2 maybe three years of just living together he ask me.

rayroe2
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

lol my dh had that burning desire he wanted to get married sooner then I did, I had a desire to marry him just wanted to do it threw a Church and he ain't even wanna wait for that. I would ask your bf what he meant by that because if he don't have a burning desire( I don't know you) but I wouldn't wanna be with the dude because I would feel like he was just settling

coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I never wanted kids or a husband but my husband always wanted that. He just knew that when he had his first girlfriend, she'd be the one and he'd marry her. Looks like that worked out for him. So yes he had a burning desire to marry me.

Dinimon
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:52 PM
He wanted me to be his wife right from the start. We waited just over 3 years to make sure we really were compatible. Turns out we are. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)