Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Agh!!! Bedrest means stay at home and take it easy, not claim you can't work but go shopping every day!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:02 AM
  • 18 Replies
Agh! I have a 1 SIL who has developed some complications in her pregnancy. She's about 22 weeks and the doctor isn't sure what to do so told her for now to take it easy until they decide if they are putting her on bedrest for sure or not. So she decides she can't work because of this and makes a huge deal out of it yet every single time I talk to her she's out shopping and she's constantly posting about going on camping trips and to car shows and to the track to watch her dad race 4wheelers! I want to fucking scream at her that take it easy doesn't just mean don't go to work (where she mostly just sits anyways) it means fucking take it easy! Stop running around all the time!!!!

Then my other SIL is 33 weeks and just got put on very strict bedrest (like her doctor told her she's not even to do cooking, cleaning, anything) and that if she doesn't she will be having baby in the next couple weeks. So what does she do? Drives 4 hrs one weekend to have a baby shower and 7 hrs the next weekend to have another baby shower and hang our with her friends.
Wtf is wrong with these two?! Agh!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ConnorMom228
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Idiots. They don't stop to realize that it's not about them, it's about their baby. I was on bedrest the last 3.5 weeks, and I went nuts. But I stayed home most of the time because I knew I needed to take care of myself in order to keep baby in longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miller060905
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:13 AM
I think it frustrated me sooo much because with my 2nd I got put on bedrest at 19 weeks. I was not allowed to ever be alone, I couldn't pick up my oldest dd (who was 13 months at the time I got put on bedrest) and I stayed on bedrest til I delivered my dd at 36 weeks. It was miserable and I hated every minute of it but I did it to keep me and my baby alive and healthy! I just want to kick them both and call them idiots!!!

Quoting ConnorMom228:

Idiots. They don't stop to realize that it's not about them, it's about their baby. I was on bedrest the last 3.5 weeks, and I went nuts. But I stayed home most of the time because I knew I needed to take care of myself in order to keep baby in longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:18 AM

hmm and I thought bedrest meant laying in bed 24/7 except to pee shower and eat.  man wish i would have known what it really meant last summer lol.    

ConnorMom228
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:23 AM
Yeah, mine wasn't too strict. But I was told to keep my feet elevated and no sodium, cause I was swelling up too much and bp was a bit high. My sister was put on strict bed rest with no lifting, no extended standing, even to shower, for 6 months.

When u become pregnant, it's no longer your body alone, it's your childs ad well.

Quoting miller060905:

I think it frustrated me sooo much because with my 2nd I got put on bedrest at 19 weeks. I was not allowed to ever be alone, I couldn't pick up my oldest dd (who was 13 months at the time I got put on bedrest) and I stayed on bedrest til I delivered my dd at 36 weeks. It was miserable and I hated every minute of it but I did it to keep me and my baby alive and healthy! I just want to kick them both and call them idiots!!!

Quoting ConnorMom228:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miller060905
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Exactly! So frusterating!

Quoting ConnorMom228:

Yeah, mine wasn't too strict. But I was told to keep my feet elevated and no sodium, cause I was swelling up too much and bp was a bit high. My sister was put on strict bed rest with no lifting, no extended standing, even to shower, for 6 months.

When u become pregnant, it's no longer your body alone, it's your childs ad well.

Quoting miller060905:

Quoting ConnorMom228:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miller060905
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Lol! Yes wish I'd know during the 5 months I was on bedrest too! Darnit!

Quoting Fields456:

hmm and I thought bedrest meant laying in bed 24/7 except to pee shower and eat.  man wish i would have known what it really meant last summer lol.    

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:40 AM

wow 5 months  i was only on it for 2 and that was complete tourture   like the second i had ds all i wanted to do was get up and walk around

Quoting miller060905:

Quoting Fields456:

miller060905
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Yea..... It was the longest 5 months of my life..... One can only do so many word searches! Lol!

Quoting Fields456:

wow 5 months  i was only on it for 2 and that was complete tourture   like the second i had ds all i wanted to do was get up and walk around

Quoting miller060905:

Quoting Fields456:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ctink8189
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:48 AM
My best friend did this same crap and it irritated me to no end. She was always talking on FB about how scared she was for her baby, yet she was completely going against doctor's orders for strict bedrest! She was preeclamptic and the doc was tryin to get her to keep her from having to deliver any earlier than 36 weeks.. He ended up having to deliver at 36w2d.
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Well, they're pregnant so I wouldn't kick them, lol, but I definitely would call them both idiots and tell them they need to stop being so selfish. God forbid something happens to either of their babies due to their idiocy.

Quoting miller060905:

Quoting ConnorMom228:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)