Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just need to vent.. housemates..very, very long [im at the end of my patience]

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:14 AM
  • 40 Replies

ok ill start off by saying that my husbands and my "house" is actually a 5th wheel. a very large, roomy 5th wheel, but a 5th wheel nonetheless. we are the caretakers of our club, so we get cheap rent and utilities in return for, well, taking care of the club. my husband and i have worked hard to make the most of this situation and turn our travel trailer into a home, complete with a nice porch and a partially fenced yard.

so, one day we get home from some excursion and find my husbands cousin, D, and his girlfriend on our porch. he is half-homeless and has done this before, so i wasnt surprised or anything. his girlfriend is new, though. anyway, after hanging out with them, my husband tells me that they have been looking for a place to stay since they were about to get kicked out of D's dads house. being the helpful people we are, my husband and i agreed to let them stay with us so D can be closer to town to get a job so he can support himself. at least, thats what they told us.

in order for them to stay here, they must be members of the club. and since they have no money, we had to pay for them. we told them, "in return for paying for you and letting you stay with us, you need to help us care take. that means mowing, weedeating, cleaning the club, and doing chores at our own place"

its simple, really. not very hard work [an 80 year old man single-handedly mowed the whole grounds before us].

i also made a neat little list of house rules since i like to have rules, especially since i have a 1-year old, A, and a dog, W. they are:

shoes off inside the house

absolutely no illegal drugs, period

smoking outside, try to shake off smell before coming inside [and throw butts away in trash can]

liquor only when discussed

no uninvited guests [exceptions for emergencies]

no spanking A or W

electronics OFF when not in use

heat no higher than 65 degrees unless otherwise discussed

no microwave use when A or W is in room

limit swearing when A is in home [this goes for music, too]

please pick up after yourself [if you make a personal meal or snack, please wash your own dishes]

do not leave W unattended when outside

do not feed A or W unorganic food or grains [and no dairy for W]

home by 9-930 [and try to be quiet]

ok. so to start off, my house smells like cigarettes. i know its inevitable when you have smokers staying with you. but i feel like they could be doing more to get the scent off their clothes. they come inside immediately after smoking and sit on the couch, which my daughter AND dog crawls all over.

they have left the computer and the huge monitor on multiple times when theyve taken off

there is perpetual ramen noodle crumbs on my counters. they eat CONSTANTLY and they dont pick up after themselves until hours later, sometimes not even at all. this trailer is NOT rat-proof, as i found out when i bought it. there was a dead rat under the sink and droppings in many drawers.

im sitting here typing this and its 11pm. my daughter is asleep and if they decide to show up tonight, im going to be pissed if they wake her up. last night they also came home late. they dont tell us theyre leaving, usually. or when they do, ill ask where to, and they will say, "up the road for a bit" and be gone for the ENTIRE day, making it impossible for them to help do chores. the couple times my husband made D mow, he acted so put off and complained about being sore for days afterwards. 

oh and also, as i found out when they were getting their memberships, that D is a felon and his girlfriend, only 18, has speeding tickets with a dui and possession.

that brings me to the fact that, AFTER showing them the rule list, they both came home one day baked out of their minds. i couldnt believe it. i know i cant stop them from smoking weed at other peoples houses, but if their enemies finds out theyre staying with me, they could call the cops and when the cops see A, theyll call cps and they will take her from me.  absolutely no drugs means just that.. not just at my house.

now back to less serious but still annoying things.. i mentioned they eat constantly.. well, what they are eating is MY food. i had to buy groceries twice last week cause they ate a whole costco-size box of cup-of-noodles in a few days.. a few days!! ate all the bread.. all our soup, all our peanut butter.. they act like starved dogs. they claim they both have food stamps and will be recieving them soon.. we will see how that goes.

god damnit! whatd i tell ya!? they just got home at 11:15 knocking on the door, which made my hound dog start baying-barking and woke up my daughter.. im so sick of this and its been one week.

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
afwifeandmommy3
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:20 AM
I'm going to back out but Goodluck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Then kick them out! they are adults, they can find somewhere to stay or live on the street until they decide to grow up and stop acting like entitled children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:22 AM

tell me about it.. but they are family and id feel so bad! plus its literally been a week, so i want to give them more of a chance. im really just venting here, but rereading my post, it makes me worry about what next week will be like.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Then kick them out! they are adults, they can find somewhere to stay or live on the street until they decide to grow up and stop acting like entitled children.

angelfromcali21
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Hunny I am so sorry you are dealing with this !!! I remember this issue when we had people living with us. I also know how frustrating it can be when u just get your children to sleep and people come home and make so much noise. We currently live with my parents for financial reasons but are working our way out of debt, slowly but surly. My dad has come home at 11, 12, or even 1am and we are all sleeping will come in make him self something to eat making all kinds of noise and then leave the dishes for my husband to take care of in the morning! I understand your frustration. If it is your house kick them out if they cannot follow the rules. If you need some one to talk to or vent too I can be a shoulder!!!

JvilleMom125
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:29 AM
You don't want a microwave ran in the same room as your kid but u have rat droppings?? Is a 5th wheel, how do u even have another room??

Anywho, kick em out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:39 AM

the dead rat and droppings were in the trailer before we moved it. at the lot we bought it at, they dont clean the trailers and you buy them as-is. dont know why, but we got it for real cheap. i am a house cleaner by trade, so i had the place immaculate in a pinch. these housemates of mine are really putting a dent in my upkeep..

Quoting JvilleMom125:

You don't want a microwave ran in the same room as your kid but u have rat droppings?? Is a 5th wheel, how do u even have another room??

Anywho, kick em out!

wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you for understanding! that is just what these guys did. food. after sitting on my porch smoking, they came right inside and made food. at least they didnt use the microwave this time.. i swear they are addicted to that thing. i only bought it to heat up hot packs. i dont use them for food.

Quoting angelfromcali21:

Hunny I am so sorry you are dealing with this !!! I remember this issue when we had people living with us. I also know how frustrating it can be when u just get your children to sleep and people come home and make so much noise. We currently live with my parents for financial reasons but are working our way out of debt, slowly but surly. My dad has come home at 11, 12, or even 1am and we are all sleeping will come in make him self something to eat making all kinds of noise and then leave the dishes for my husband to take care of in the morning! I understand your frustration. If it is your house kick them out if they cannot follow the rules. If you need some one to talk to or vent too I can be a shoulder!!!

MaaMee6317
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Time to sing 'hit the road jack n dont you come back no more no more no more hit the road jack'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffinimariexox
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:53 AM
I'm sorry but I have kicked guests out of my house for less then what your going through and that's only after a couple hours of them being disrespectful I think some of the rules are a bit much and over bearing but its your place so you can do whatever I would have kicked them out a long time ago. But I have a question have you said anything to them about how they aren't respecting your rules or are you just building it all up against them til you explode?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:59 AM

which part of the rules do you think is too much? i really tried to keep it simple.. i know these guys are stoners, so i also wanted to be specific about things i really care about, like no spanking or hitting the dog [which he already has done, but that was before i made the list], and not giving the baby things i dont want her to eat [and the dog is lactose-intolerant].

my husband and i have talked to them. we told them last night that they got back too late. we said that 9-930 was a more reasonable time. we told them to put their bed away after they get up, and to clean up their mess.

OH and that reminds me of another thing! the other night i heard them having sex and i have been suspecting that the girlfriend is pregnant or will be [intuition, its weird] and i made my husband ask her. she said, "uhhhh i dont know, actually.." so they have NOT been having safe sex. so my husband and i had to give them some of our condoms.. and we had to tell them to not have sex in our trailer on week days.. or at all when we are there.. simply walking to the kitchen makes the whole place shake. *shudder*

so anyways, yes we have told them a few things and corrected them. the coming home late thing was blatantly disregarded tonight. and if i find out they have been running off these past few days to smoke weed, they are OUT.

Quoting tiffinimariexox:

I'm sorry but I have kicked guests out of my house for less then what your going through and that's only after a couple hours of them being disrespectful I think some of the rules are a bit much and over bearing but its your place so you can do whatever I would have kicked them out a long time ago. But I have a question have you said anything to them about how they aren't respecting your rules or are you just building it all up against them til you explode?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)