Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I do ok the first night.....

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:41 AM
  • 5 Replies
My dh is in the middle of a 72 hr shift! I fricken hate this! He normally works 24s and occasionally a 48 but very very very rarely longer than that! I do pretty well sleeping that first night without him as I'm pretty used to it after 7 years but any longer than that and my body thinks he's supposed to be here..... I've still got tonight and tomorrow night to get through :( I miss my hunny!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM

hugs

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Why such a Long shift? I understand 24's, but 72 sounds like too much! ( one of my best friendsd is a paramedic. Occasionally he does 48's but never 72's)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM
... And hugs. If we weren't on opposite sides of the country, I'd totally keep you company!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miller060905
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Well.... He accidentally signed up for it. Lol!!!!

Yesterday was his normally scheduled shift. He signed up for Friday like a month ago. Last week when he was visiting his step dad at the hospital his boss sent him a list of open days for July and said she needed to know which ones he wanted ASAP. He didn't have a colander so he just picked one a week and the first week his choices were the 1st or 4th. He's never off the 4th so he went for the first...... You'd think his boss would have mentioned he was already working the 29th & 30th,..... Lol! It sucks though....... We're gonna try really hard to make sure it doesn't happen again!

Quoting Courtney610:

Why such a Long shift? I understand 24's, but 72 sounds like too much! ( one of my best friendsd is a paramedic. Occasionally he does 48's but never 72's)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I know how it feels! I go 3-5 weeks without seeing my hubby and it's hard to sleep without him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)