Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding

Posted by   + Show Post
First of all...hot mess!!

Does anyone watch this? I've caught a few shows but don't follow it. Can someone explain why these women are in an RV looking for a 14-year-old girl? I'm lost.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Replies (31-33):
mylilprincesses
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Yea but they should be more focused on their education than making a family at their age... it takes away there teenage years.

Quoting moosesmom:

But that's the one thing I respect about their culture. Although these girls are REALLY young when they marry, they're also virgins. Which is hard to come by these days. They don't have a lot of teen moms running around (single ones anyway lol) and I give them kuddos for that.

Quoting mylilprincesses:

I have watched a few episodes and I just don't understand there lifestyle.like for example most of them are married and pregnant before 18yrs old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

That part is true. I hate that they drop out of school at like 11 and 12 years old. There is more to life than cleaning up and having children. But I have to remember that they willingly chose to live a different lifestyle. But I completely agree with you.

Quoting mylilprincesses:

Yea but they should be more focused on their education than making a family at their age... it takes away there teenage years.

Quoting moosesmom:

But that's the one thing I respect about their culture. Although these girls are REALLY young when they marry, they're also virgins. Which is hard to come by these days. They don't have a lot of teen moms running around (single ones anyway lol) and I give them kuddos for that.

Quoting mylilprincesses:

I have watched a few episodes and I just don't understand there lifestyle.like for example most of them are married and pregnant before 18yrs old.

NichelleB07
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

This random girl asks me if I was an American gypsy, I looked it up and thought "Oh H*ll No." Ive only seen oneshow since then, they were having a party to find their 14 yr old a husband!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN