Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My (almost) 7 year old refuses to learn to ride a bike....

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM
  • 22 Replies

I need some help here ladies my almost 7 year old DD refuses to learn to ride a bike. I have been trying with her for years now, when she was 3&4 and she hated it.. so i tried again at 5 no luck again last summer and again this summer... wont touch it without training wheels would ride maybe to the end of the driveway with them then turn around put it away and be onto something else... she just doesnt like it... Well mommy would really like to go for bike rides on the bike path this summer/fall and get some exercise and cant cause i have no way of her going with...banging head into wall

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryjmom
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I'm sorry!

My DD took to a bike like a fish to water. She's 6, and will be 7 in March. She's already without training wheels.....
PhoenixsMommy10
by Jojo on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I'm almost 23 and can't ride a bike. Some kids just don't like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM

If she doesn't like it, there's not much you can do about it. Maybe get one of those attached things that she can ride in.....

Shermy
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Snag a tandem bike and call it a solution? Sounds like she hates it. 

Chelsea_rh
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I never learned.... My nephew is 4 and rides without training wheels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Then she doesn't like it. Can you get a bike tailor to pull her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Don't push it. She isn't going to learn until SHE wants to. And if she doesn't want to, she certainly isn't going to go on bike rides with you. Either find a way to pull her behind you or ride the trails alone while she plays at a friend's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agloro3
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:52 AM

dont worrie you are not the only one my dd is soon to be 7 and still wont learn how to ride a bike.. but she will ride a razor or scooter or hot wheel car i jusat dont get it either!!!!

Allazay
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Not everyone takes to bikes right away,just like people who don't like water,give her time and just leave the bike where she can see it and one day perhaps she will learn all by herself,maybe not. Maybe something in her sub-conscious or past life that makes her afraid 

MdMom289
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:29 PM

She will learn in time. I didn't learn to ride a bike until about 8-9. I didn't swim until past 10.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)