Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

what would u do?????? (kind of long)

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:18 AM
  • 6 Replies

so ive been friends with this girl since we were 2 years old- were both 28 now. there have been times in our lives we have kind of shifted apart for a few months or something but we always try to keep in touch. now about 2 years ago i introduced her to a friend of mine and they hit off, they dated for a while and she ended up pregnant. they ended up breaking it off and she made some desicions i didnt nessasarily agree with but i tried my damndest to stay out of it because really- its none of my bussiness. basically- this was in MD and this is where he lived and he had 2 other children from a previous marriage so he couldnt exactly up and move anywhere he wanted but she decided she was going to move to tennessee and take the baby with her. he was upset and ofcourse didnt want her to go. they had some arguements and long story short- he hasnt seen the baby since he was born because he felt that being taht far away he didnt want to go in and out of the babies life, he wanted to eighter be there or not but didnt want it to be like a halfway thing. not saying i agree. idk what i would have done but this desicion was made because she had moved so far away.......SO i just found out that shes been living in VA (only about an hour from where he lives) since august and she didnt tell him. her reasoning is because she doesnt want him thinking just because shes back up here that he can come and go in the babies life again. he decided not to be there so as far as shes concerned he wont be. AND to top it off shes getting married and wants to have her fiance adopt the baby (and since the babys dad isnt on the birth certificate she doesnt need his permission to do so) SO what does this have to do with me???? well nothing really which is why ive always tried to stay out of it but im really good freinds with the babies father too and hes a good man and i knwo he would want to know that his son is living that close- hat he would have been there had he known....and i also think m,aybe he has a right to know that his son is going to be adopted! but do i get myself into the middle or this by saying something (especially when she specifically asked me not to) or just keep staying out of it? i wish i had never found out because i feel like im really stuck in the middle here and i cant even talk to my husband about it because the babies daddy also happens to be one of his best freinds and i know that hell call him up and tell him in a heart beat. so......what would u do?

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tabetha_w
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouod have already been on the phone telling him. He has a right to know and u SHOULD fall him. I know its not ur place to its hers but she will not be telling him so someone has to. He will be upset with u if he finds out u knew and didn't tell him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:31 AM
Id tell.him... At the very least id tell my husband and let him do so. You shouldn't have to.keep a secret from your husband because your friend is making bad choices... And if dh tells the dad, well oh well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lala06
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:34 AM
Yep I would tell my dh I don't keep secrets from him and your not telling the dad :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agloro3
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:49 AM

id tell my husband and let him tell his friend its only right and fair....

LongBeachLiz
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Does she have Facebook and does it say va on it? If so just tell him and he can say he got the infO there while snooping around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnmom4lif
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:12 AM

no shes actually gone out of her way to make sure she hasnt let on to her location on facebook......shit as far as i knew she had been in tennesee since january 2011 and here she had moved back in august, almost a whole year ago!!

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

Does she have Facebook and does it say va on it? If so just tell him and he can say he got the infO there while snooping around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN