Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Relationships?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 34 Replies
How is your relationship with your sibling ?

Good, bad, indifferent?

When did it become this way or has it always been like this??

I'm an only child so I don't really know what it's like to have a sibling bond (I have a close best friend but still I know it's not the same).
I have two children who are a bit a part by age ( 7 1/2 year gap) but still adore each other. I'm just scared that they won't have a close relationship and will end up hating each other :(. That would devastate me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms.sophsmom
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM
I have a sister and brother. I'd say we are all close. We dnt talk everyday or anything but we hang out, joke all tht stuff. When we are needed we all band together really well. My brother and I are 5 yrs apart. We don't always mesh on male topics but we seem to be very similar in our thinking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xTattooedxMommy
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Im fairly close with my sisters. More so I feel with the youngest one then the middle one. Im the oldest. We still have our spats here and there but nothing like we used to. We used to fight all the time! Im 4 and 5 years older then my two sisters. It changed for the better when I moved out and didn't see them as much we started fighting less and got closer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annismom10
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I have a brother & sis 11 & 12 yrs older than me. I have a different dad then them. I don't say "half" though. They are much much closer to each other than me though. Live together. My mom tried to have a sibling closer to me but it didn't work out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmmiller23
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I don't think you have anything to worry about a have three siblings two brother and a sister. We all get along pretty well now. But when we were growing up we fought constantly espcielly my sister and I. We were only 14 months apart. my oldest brother is 9 years older then me and we hardly ever fought. Siblings will fight no matter what. but that's part of being a family.

Hanab818
by Hana on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM
I have a sister who's 2 years younger. We have always been close. We have almost always have had the same group of friends. Our boyfriends in high school were even best friends. She lives in Indy now and I either talk to text her daily. But now that I have kids and she doesn't and our lives are in 2 different places we don't have as much in common but we do always talk to each other about everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM

We were really close. We are 3 years apart. But we have recently have not been as close due to his drug and alcohol abuse. I am still here for him when he is ready to get help but I just can't have him in my or my childrens life.

LMEMomma05
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I have an older brother (8 1/2years between us), when we were younger it was awful. I was the littls sister that wanted to do everything my brother did. And he hated it! He joined the Navy when I was 11, things got ok but I never saw him. Then I got to high school and he started to be the over protective big brother. Lol Now we're very close. We don't talk everyday but we make sure to see how everyone is doing and what not. We still have spats Here and there but I think that's normal for any sibling relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
libas.mommy
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM
I have a brother, who is a year older than me. We have a great relationship/ friendship. There is nothing in this world that I wouldn't do for him. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I hate my siblings. It's always been that way. They hate me too. They are worried that mom is going to give me everything and not give them anything when she dies. Mom hates me, and they know this, so why they are worried, idk.

But yeah......our family relationship is fucked up. We all hate each other and can't stand each other.

eringlading
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM
I have two brothers. I'm not that close with them. One is eleven yrs younger than me though. My sil(dh sister) is one of my bffs. I think we have such a good bond cause we don't have sisters. She has three brothers.and I met her when I was 16
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN