Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Well my kids missed the fireworks.

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM
  • 8 Replies
Luckily there 2 1/2y and 14m, so its not really gonna affect them. We usually watch them at my moms, but of course she started drinking at like 2, then threw a huge fit cause we were leaving for an hour for church and then coming back. So dh said why don't you and the kids stay its just a prayer meeting and she will calm down, well we stayed. She didn't calm down she threw a huge fit, screaming around my kids, swearing around my kids, acting like a complete psycho. So I packed up our stuff and the kids and I waited outside for dh. I know she won't yell to loud outside with the neighbors all out there. So he finally came and got us and of course she's gonna call cps cause we wouldn't let her hug the kids goodbye *eyeroll* oh and we beat them *eyeroll* and we force them to go to our church which is really a cult *eyeroll. If I was a cps worker and got a call from a drunk woman who can barely talk saying all this id die laughing. So we left and since we live in a tourist town downtown was SUPER packed...and then it started lightning so we just went home. I feel bad they didn't get to see fireworks so were gonna try to find some this weekend, and tonight after dinner were having ice cream! I know they don't know the difference but I still feel bad..fireworks are cool! Dh said he thinks there's some near us Saturday. I hope! If not, well...we will go out to eat and maybe go find something cool to do. :( stupid drunk people!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MacensMommy228
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM
My son is 16 months and we missed the fireworks. I work night shift and lucky me it was my day to work! Dh was off but isnt a huge fan of fireworks plus ds was asleep by the timw they started!
GibsonSD92
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I'm pissed too. Granted my son is only 3 months but damnit it was his first one! Who knew all the cities around where I live would do them Monday and Tuesday. We got to see quite a few big ones from my neighbors backyard though.. He liked them.. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Wow I would not be going back to her house with my kids. Have you own celebration next year! I have the 4th of July party at my house every year. It was 1130pm by the time the party was over, and I was able to just put my kiddos to bed instead of driving home. Sorry they missed them :(

daulton_dustin
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Oh wow that's rediculous I can't stand drunks doin crap like that around kids!! I'm sorry they had to miss out but it sounds like u guys r going to make it up!! I hope u guys find something fun!!!
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM
We live in the country so you can't see any fireworks from our house. I told dh next year were gonna go with the church, they set up a tent and have food in the park, I wanted to go last night but its like impossible to get down there.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Wow I would not be going back to her house with my kids. Have you own celebration next year! I have the 4th of July party at my house every year. It was 1130pm by the time the party was over, and I was able to just put my kiddos to bed instead of driving home. Sorry they missed them :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM
I wanna buy the this outdoor bouncy house but its too hot..so were thinking about taking them to the aquarium, these kids love fishys lol

Quoting daulton_dustin:

Oh wow that's rediculous I can't stand drunks doin crap like that around kids!! I'm sorry they had to miss out but it sounds like u guys r going to make it up!! I hope u guys find something fun!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daulton_dustin
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM
That should b fun!!! I've never been to one!! Daulton loves fishys too!!!

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

ProudMommy51006
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM
My kids are 6 and 2 and didn't get to see any fireworks. We live in Colorado and there is a devastating wildfire and stage 2 fire ban. All sales and purchases of fireworks was prohibited and there were no shows anywhere. So we went and cheered for the firefighters at shift change and then watched fireworks on tv
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)