Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

In the middle....*VENT!!*

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

I hate being stuck in the middle of arguments and I seem to always find myself there....I don't know if it's because I am easily able to see both sides of a situation most times or what but here's what happened:

My brother and his GF were having a water balloon fight today. DH and I decided to join in thinking that it would be fun. My mom and my grandmother were sitting in the yard with DS and my brother and his GF were in the pool. DH and I filled a few balloons and we went into the pool area and were tossing them at my brother and his GF. It was a good time, until my mom thought that it would be funny to push DH in the pool. Normally he wouldn't have cared, but he had his clothes on because it was almost time for him to go to work. Well, his iPod and his phone were in his pocket, and they were both soaked. He quickly went inside and got changed and put the iPod and phone in a container full of rice because we had heard that it would help draw out the water and has a fairly good success rate when it comes to helping electronics continue to work after getting wet. We have to leave them in there for 24 hours so I'm still not sure if either is working....

DH was super upset, of course, and is furious with my mom. I can see his point because I would be too. My mom feels so bad and has been sick over it all day. I know that she didn't mean to do it, it all happened in the heat of the moment and was supposed to be a joke. She didn't realize that his things were in his pocket.....I feel really bad for both of them....to make things worse, DH and I don't really have the money to replace either item, and neither does my mom....

by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Oh boy.... I'd feel bad too and yes, see both sides of it.  I'm sure your DH will too when he calms down.

You might need to leave the electronics in the rice for 48-72 hours, not just 24.  And, make sure you remove the batteries, etc.

Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Ultimately it lands on your husband. He was aware that he was at risk of getting wet. He never should have had his electronics in the pool area
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajb2750
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM
I have two cracked disks in my back from an asshole who thought it would be funny to push me off a boat dock. I landed on a submerged stump. It's dangerous, and people do get hurt from it. But I also agree with the person above about taking the risk of going around the pool to begin with. Tough situation!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:19 AM
It's dangerous to push someone in the water. Do people not realize the seriousness of it? She's lucky she just ruined the electronics and that he is not paralyzed or worse!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Honestly, I would be pretty upset too. I hope the electronics dry out and work so nothing has to be replaced.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)