Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Grandma...Grandpa..or something else?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM
  • 41 Replies

What do your kids call their grandparents?

My kids call my mom Grandma. My dad is a pedophile so they are not involved with him.

My kids call their father's parents Grandma Doria and Grandpa Toast (his stage name is Captain Toast)

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMommy51006
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM
My dd calls my mom grandma, ds calls her gama

My kids call my dad papa

They call dh's dad grandpa, dh doesn't have a mom in his life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrstheriault
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

my mil and fil go by granny and papa with all their other grandkids (7 others) so we'll stick with that for them. my mom is gonna go by meemaw, and my dad is still undecided, so baby may very well decide for us. haha :)

ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

my MIL has this thing where all the kids call her nana. which is fine if were were actually a grandma/nana to my kids.

my mom is just grandma (insert name) and my grandma is grandma (insert name) same with my grandpa. she doesnt really know my dad so shes not really sure who he is. but he chooses to be out of my kids life so......im not going to force it. my husbands dad is grandpa (insert name)

barrelracer1699
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:56 PM

My mom is Grandma. My MIL is Grandma Ruth. My dad is Papa Dick, FIL is Papa Shepy (he used to have sheep).

Slayton723
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM
My mom is going by nana and my father papaw.

My mil is going to be neyney (her name is renee) and no idea what fil will be called lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys92106
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM

my boys call my mom momo..my dad ded but they used to call him gpa joe

then hubbys parens are jus gma and gpa

marchand_84
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM
My mil is oma (which is grandma in german) my husband grandma on dads side its Tutu (grandma in hawaiian) grandma on his moms side is g.g which is short for great grandma. And everyone on my side goes by their normal name with grandma or grandpa in front.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy-go-lucky
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM
My step kids grandma is Grammy, my step mom is grandma Kim, my mom is Mom/grandma/Diana (my step kids call her by her name, my 4 year old says grandma, my two year old calls her mom), my mil is grandma Lisa. My dad is grandpa jerry and my fil is grandpa Dave, my step kids have no contact with their mom's dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stayathomemo271
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM
My dd don't call mine or my dh parents anything my aunt and uncle are grandma and Poppa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maris1192
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM
My mom is Nana my dad is Pa-po his other grandparents are pa-po and just grandma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)