Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Leash For Toddlers?? For It Or Against It??

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:08 AM
  • 124 Replies

Poll

Question: For or Against Strapping Your Tot In A Harness??

Options:

For

Against

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 137

View Results

I will admit...i have bought one of these, the cute little monkey one from eddie bauer, but ive only actually used it a couple of times. I got it simply because i was pregnant & already had a very rambunctious one yr old ds who would run around like a mad man (but u gotta expect that from a child who just learn how to run & walk) and because i was preggo...i could not and did not want to run and chase my child with my biggo belly. & to hold him??...forget about it, he was heavy! so yes...i strapped him in one and boy...did i get stares and crazy faces...but i did not use it alot considering i hardly evr went out w/o my dh and thats whn we nvr needed it cuz he always carries our ds. Now the harness just sits in my car but my tot loves the monkey and just uses it as a stuffed animal, & thats the only purpose its gonna serve now. So what do u guys think???  Totally FOR or AGAINST? Give ur opinions...

by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Adamswifeypoo08
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:09 AM
9 moms liked this

Im totally and completely against them. Babies and toddlers are people not dogs.

Hierophant85
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:11 AM
My sons grandmother gave me one when he was 3, I wasn't comfortable with it so I never used it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_sam
by Samantha on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Im for them. i just dont like the term "leash" leashes go around a dogs neck. harnesses go across the
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_sam
by Samantha on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Im for them. i just dont like the term "leash" leashes make me thing dogs. i prefer harness. just sounds a little better to me....but i think they are wonderful inventions and have really come in handy.my son like to walk around in stores and sometimes he will pull himself to the ground if hes holding my hand.im pretty far into my pregnancy so its not always easy to keep picking him back up. hes more content in a harness than holding mommys hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JG86
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:19 AM
4 moms liked this
I've never used one, but I'm not against them. It's a better alternative than losing a child in a crowd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alison_C
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:22 AM
That's a collar. The leash is what you hold on to.

Quoting momma_sam:

Im for them. i just dont like the term "leash" leashes go around a dogs neck. harnesses go across the
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Stefanie on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:25 AM
7 moms liked this

I don't refer to them as leashes.. They are safety harnesses... Key word being SAFETY!! For the childs SAFETY!

TrentonGirl
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I bought one when my son was 9m old. He will be 2 in oct and i just now started having to use it. Its hard to carry a newborn and him while in a parking lot. I used it today when i had to go pay for gas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpurgeonMom
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this
At the store a park out for a walk no I don't use it for that for the zoo, Disneyland carnival damn right my son will be wearing his. I saw a story earlier about a mom was at the zoo some guy grabbed her son and what saved him was he had his SAFTEY HARNESS on. some people over use it but with a hyper active child damn right i'm going to be overly cautious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_sam
by Samantha on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM
True... dont mind me. i was trying to rewrite what i had said and thought i deleted that response. im tired so im a little scatterbrained right now.lol.

Quoting Alison_C:

That's a collar. The leash is what you hold on to.

Quoting momma_sam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)