Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

it sort of ticked me off

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM
  • 24 Replies

So i had my doctors appointment for the baby and they did the ultra sound and everything checked out good. The doctor at that point needed to ask some questions and part of that was birth history of my other 2 kids. No problem. She asked weight and length and how long i was in labor etc etc...

So DD was born 7lbs 11oz. 20 inches long. at 38 weeks she was a c-section.

DS was born 8lbs 1oz at 36 weeks 6 days.19 and a half inches he was a VBAC

So she had put int he computer that with DD i was a FTP (failure to progress) i corrected her and said no. I was fully dilated and i pushed for 3.5 hours but she wasnt coming out. with the labor i had and the horrible shit i had to deal with with those doctors and nurses.....long story short, she wound up a c-section and they had to put me out for it.

DS labor went insanely well and he was a VBAC. no issues at all.

SO the OB looked at me and said .........how were you able to have a bigger baby with no c-section and have issues with the smaller one? I sort of explained the hospital situation and ...pretty much that entire horrible shit experience and how long i pushed for and her head was stuck etc etc....and not only that but i was smaller person when I had DD. I was a little bigger when i had DS. but no i did not have issues. She gave me a look and just said hmm. After the appointment i was in the hall filling out paperwork for my blood work and i overheard her talking to a nurse that i probably just didnt want to give birth vaginally and opted for a c-section because i was a teen mom with her.

Im sorry but no. that is NOT what i wanted. i was damn upset i had to have a c-section and to this day i have felt like a complete failure all around with the birth and breastfeeding with my DD. i didnt sit there and say i dont feel like pushing out a kid, i want to be cut open and be miserable for weeks and feel like shit for a long time about all of this! that was NOT the case. in fact with DS i was pushing to NOT have a c-section unless i absolutely had to and everything went fine.

It just pissed me off is all. so far shes the only OB (i think shes actually a NP??) I have seen and i see my regular one at my next visit but it just all around pissed me off.

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommavieve
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM
That would piss me off too. You should've said something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

i would have when i was in the hall but at that point i had a headache and was hungry. so far with this pregnancy when i get hungry i start to feel sick. it sucks. and by that time i just wanted out of there and was counting my blessing i wouldnt have to see her again

Quoting Mommavieve:

mommyjenn84
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Thatd piss me off. Id refuse to see her in the future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Ick. I was the same way with my last pregnancy. I never had morning sickness and in my first trimester I never felt hungry, just sick. I understand why you didn't want to bother. Maybe say something to your regular OB at your next appt. are they in the same practice?

Quoting ilovecandy:

i would have when i was in the hall but at that point i had a headache and was hungry. so far with this pregnancy when i get hungry i start to feel sick. it sucks. and by that time i just wanted out of there and was counting my blessing i wouldnt have to see her again

Quoting Mommavieve:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM
That would have pissed me off
Too. Every labor is different And so is the environment when u deliver at diff hospitals with diff staff ad drs. Oh and congrats on havig a vabc. And good luck with this one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

OMG I would be pissed. 

mommaofive
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM
I had 3 c-sections, that's the reaction I get from everyone: that I must have CHOSEN to have c-sections. People are judgmental assholes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrscass0416
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Tell them. I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I had to switch OBs several times during my pregnancy. The first one (a guy) was as rude and disgusting as he possibly could be. He argued with Michael (SO) about the amount of throwing up I was doing in the pregnancy and he said that he didn't have the time to spend with a Medicaid patient. The next day I switched. 

The next OB was about the same. She didn't listen to what I had to say and eventually pushed me off onto a midwife without notifying me she was transferring me over to one. I hated the midwives at that office, too. All were rude and just really hateful. The one that was there for my delivery after being induced was pushing for me to have a c-section but the doctor on call for that kept arguing with the midwife. We wound up having one though 'cause Dante went into distress and I wasn't doing too good myself. 

If I were in your shoes, I'd change doctors. I don't like having a doctor make comments like that out in the hallway to other nurses because a)that makes them look trashy to me because they're gossiping about patients (my ex-fiance's mom was a doc and she did this ALL the time, even to other patients; she broke HIPPA constantly!) and b)if she acts like that then she's not giving you the full attention you deserve with your pregnancy. 

It's not like every single woman opts for a c-section. :| I didn't want one and I literally cried when they told me I had to do one. I want to do a VBAC if I'm able to. Back onto your post though, if she makes you feel uncomfortable with her comments, I totally would be finding a new doctor. Why see someone who doesn't want to give you quality care throughout your pregnancy?

mylilprincesses
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Wow how very Rude of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)