Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you know anyone who got pregnant after Essure (permanent BC)?***UPDATE***UPDATE#2**ANOTHER UPDATE!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I had the Essure coils placed the summer of 2009. In the fall, I went in for the x-ray that verified my baby-maker is no longer in service.

This past monday I had ALL symptoms of AF (right on time)... Back pains, cramps, ETC....
These symptoms typically come within 48 hours of the start of AF.

Yesterday I woke up with the world's WORST heartburn. I've had heartburn on & off for about a month.... The ONLY TIME I had EVER had heartburn in the past was during the full 9 months of my pregnancy w/ my DS. In fact, I had heartburn for about 8wks straight when I found out I was 10 wks pregnant w/ DS.

NOTHING ELSE has ever caused heartburn for me, besides my pregnancy w/ DS. I'm not on any new meds & my eating habits haven't changed.....

Sooo, here I sit... 5 days late for AF, with heartburn from HELL! -_-

I'm probably just paranoid, but WTFFFfF!?! O_o

My period is like clockwork any other month.... So being even 2 days late for me is just ODD! THIS accompanied w/ heartburn has me FREEKIN THE FREAK OUT!!!

I tell DH this...... And his only reaction is to smile like the fuggin joker from the Batman movie. -_-

I kinda wana facepalm him! HARD! O.O

Do you know of anyone who has gotten pregnant after getting the Essure implants???? Please say NO!!!

***Stooooopid Update!***

DH had issues at work & by the time he got home, he had forgotten to stop & grab a PG test. *eye roll*

Sooo.... I'll be running out tomorrow to get one, I guess. :/

Standby....

I took the pregnancy test & posted it in another post. About 70% agree that it was negative..... The other 30% SWEARS they see a faint 2nd line.... :/

I'll post the pic on the last page of replies here.

If I don't wake up w/ AF tomorrow morning, i'm going to buy a digital test. -_-

~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~

My cell phone broke.  I will get a new one by tuesday.  I'm at my neighbor's house using her home PC to write this update. 

Still no AF & 2 digital tests came back as "errors", meaning: completely BLANK!   :/  Not sure if I got defective ones, or if my body just hates me?  I have a dr. appointment on friday for a blood PG test. 

I've had some cramping, but no bleeding for the past 4 days.  I'm officially 12 days late. :(

Anyways, I'll be back on CM on tuesday afternoon. :)

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Replies (271-272):
SourRoses
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM

why 6?

Quoting MamatoKy:

Its called an HSG.

And yes its like an x ray. I had the essure done....and had 6 hsg's done

Quoting SourRoses:

an x-ray cannot verify if it was placed right and working like it is supposed to. what doctor said an x-ray can do that? what was the confirmation procedure called?

MamatoKy
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:34 PM
The first one was right at my 3 month mark. So they wanted to do a second one to make sure my tubes were completely scarred off. Well during my second one my gyn had an emergency so it had to be rescheduled. The third one was done but it was slightly painful due to an issue i was having so they stopped it. The fourth one was done by another dr which is why the fifth was ordered. About a year after i had it done. I was told the inserts moved. So.u had the sixth done, where it was found that neither of ny inserts.moved lol

Quoting SourRoses:

why 6?

Quoting MamatoKy:

Its called an HSG.

And yes its like an x ray. I had the essure done....and had 6 hsg's done

Quoting SourRoses:

an x-ray cannot verify if it was placed right and working like it is supposed to. what doctor said an x-ray can do that? what was the confirmation procedure called?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN