Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

WHAT THE F*** JUST HAPPENED?! ***UPDATE***

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM
  • 87 Replies
Sitting on my back porch, I start hearing the high-pitched & frantic barks of a small dog.... Soon after I hear a toddler scream: "MOMMMmMmyYyYY!!"

BOTH sounds freaked me out, because they seemed so panicked!!

I run around the front side of my neighbor's house, where a small boy (maybe 2 years old?) Is laying on his stomach, covering his face as the dog nips repeatedly at the kid's arms & back of his head......

I run at the dog screaming, as the mom (I think?) Runs out of her house & screams AT THE POOR KID!!! O_o

"BEN! I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO BY THAT FUCKIN DOG!!!"

At this point, I get to the boy before his mom & scoop him up as the fucking dog jumps up & continues to try to bite the poor kid's legs!!! :*-( This kid practically climbed up my body & onto my shoulders to get away from the jumping dog....

I KICK the dog, who is NOW nipping at ME & the thing yepls & runs off....

NOW, the mom runs over & rips the little boy out of my arms & whips his feet to the ground, as she yanks his arm & drags him back into the house... Yelling at him for going by the dog!!!! O.O

She never even addressed me AT ALL!!

I mean, the dog only "nipped" so there was no blood, it didn't even really hurt, but the poor kid was TERRIFIED!!! SO WAS *I*, for that matter!!!

So, completely dumb-founded, I start walking home, but as soon as I got to my own backyard, my mind started working again & i'm like: WTF just happened!?!

So, I walk back towards their house, thinking "who the fuck's dog was that?", and NOW that same dog is attached to a chain in the little boy's back yard (it hadn't been chained before).

Sooo..... This is THEIR dog... Clearly UNCHAINED & the boy was UNSUPERVISED at 2 YEARS OLD & was supposed to somehow avoid the dog.... HOWWW?!? O.O

So, now i'm PISSED & decide i'm gonna knock on the door...

I knock & the mom comes to the door looking as if she wants to kill someone...

So, I just ask: "Hey! I just wanted to check that Ben is ok! He seemed pretty scared! Did he get hurt?"

To which the mom goes all fucking CRAZY, screaming about how Ben KNOWS the dog will bite him & that it is all Ben's fault for going by the dog in the first place..... Meanwhile, Ben is crying somewhere in a back room of the house...

I SWEAR, it took every bone in my body not to puch my way past this woman & scoop that poor boy up & hold him!!! :*-(

I tried so many times to ask if he had any marks from the dog & she would change the subject, about how "he deserved it" because he was by the dog. I told her the dog wasn't chained before & she insists that Ben must have let it off of it's leash.

Ummmm... Yeahhh... Because he calmly removed the leash as he was being attacked? I fucking DOUBT that!

So, I leave all pissed off & as i'm crossing the street back to my house, the little fucking dog gets off of his OWN chain & starts barking & running towards me....

As it got to me, I gave it a good kick & headed BACK to poor little Ben's front door, with the dog LITERALLY nipping at my ankles at the same time.

Ben's mom answers again, Ben still crying, dog still nipping, & I say (in a snotty voice) "Your fucking dog is loose again! I watched him get off of his OWN leash!!! Maybe BEN didn't DESERVE to be attacked after all!!"

So, she reaches down & grabs her evil dog & screams at me to stay off of her fucking property & slams the door in my face!!! O_o

Okaaayyy.... Yes! *I* will be staying off of your property, but CPS AND Animal Control shall be there soon!!!!

Freekin PSYCHO!!! I hope Animal Control gets attacked & is forced to shoot that damn dog right in front of Ben's mother!!! I'm so pissed right now!!!

***UPDATE***

I haven't spoke with the Animal Control officer, but another neighbor (friend) said she saw the dog outside this morning. Thus, leading me to believe that the dog wasn't removed from the home.

The same neighbor DID however overhear a portion of the conversation between the homeowners (an elderly couple) & the AC officer..... To which they insisted the woman & her child do NOT live there, therefore no children are in danger. Apparently, the officer suggested a more sturdy chain for the dog & then left. :/

I didn't call CPS, so hopefully that mother will be smart enough to supervise her child & keep him away from viscious dogs in the future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catrig
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

That's infuriating.

MommieSDW
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Holy crap! I think a call to Animal Control is warrented. I'm assuming the yard isn't fenced. That poor baby :( Call the police instead of CPS the next time you see the child unattended. It will be a quicker response and they will talk to the mom and contact CPS if necessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kendra0707
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow poor baby. He's mom sounds so unfit. I think you should call cps.

Robe739IsBack
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I know! I called my DH crying about it. I was so pissed off! Still am! DH is pissed too & said he was gonna shoot the dog if animal control doesn't. Haha! He's just kidding, but seriously.... If that thing comes into MY yard, it's FAIR GAME!!! I won't be taking the chance of having one of my own kids bitten! :/

Quoting catrig:

That's infuriating.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM
4 moms liked this
What a cunt. Id have been calling cps too. Dumb bitches like that don't deserve kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciesmom2010
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM

WELL YOU DID A GREAT THING!! GOOD JOB GIRL.I WOULDA DONE THE SAME THING, I WOULD CALL CPS AND ANIMAL CONTROL TOO.THATS RIDICULOUS. IF THAT WERE MY KID BEING ATTACKED,AND SOMEONE ELSE HELPED MY CHILD,I WOULD BE SO GREATFUL AND I WOULD DEF THANK THAT PERSON. SO THAT WAS SWEET OF YOU TO DO :)

ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM

yeah i think animal control is needed to be called ASAP. that woman right there is a prime canidate as to who shouldnt own pets. and probably shouldnt of had kids.

catrig
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I wouldn't either.  I'm glad you are calling.

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

I know! I called my DH crying about it. I was so pissed off! Still am! DH is pissed too & said he was gonna shoot the dog if animal control doesn't. Haha! He's just kidding, but seriously.... If that thing comes into MY yard, it's FAIR GAME!!! I won't be taking the chance of having one of my own kids bitten! :/

Quoting catrig:

That's infuriating.

happymommy1105
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM

what a crazy ass woman.  She needs a reality check.  

no child deserves to be attacked by a dog.  

the dog sounds crazy too.  prolly neglected and abused poor thing! 

poor kid sounds neglected and abused too!

on a side note- my son's name is ben too! we had a dog when he was 2 and he loved that dog so much! he would pull and yank on it all the time, that dog never made a move to hurt him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN