Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

having trouble with breastfeeding!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM
  • 13 Replies
Can anyone help me out? My 3week old baby has become extremely fussy during feedings. He latches on for a few seconds before he lashes his head back and forth while still latched on(pretty painful). Then he freaks out andstarts flailing his body. I think I'm making enough milk but I get stressed out and feel like there's nothing I can do. Helppppppp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GGsMommy07
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Call the hospital u delivered at and ask to speak to someone that can give u breastfeeding support or Google it
Good luck hope u find an answer soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Join the breastfeeding group on cm! Best group ever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Over-active letdown?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Breastfeeding group, they are awesome! Pm me also if you'd like! You are doing great and you can make it through the bad days! Like pp said you can also call the hospital
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:36 PM
And maybe you peds dr could help you find a lactation consultant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Is his diaper empty when he does it? Sometimes DD does that when her bottom is uncomfortable. Also, is he in a comfortable position?

Other than that, maybe contact a lactation consultant? He might be mad because he's not getting milk fast enough...Squeeze some out to touch his lips and that way hopefully he'll be like OH HEYYY and then stay on and maybe it'll help get the milk flowing faster? idk

Mrs.Brugger
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM

(but good luck!! don't give up!)

katvixenstar
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM
My son did that sometimes when he was a baby, lol (sorry, it's funny now) i cant remember why he did it tho. =/ definitely join the breastfeeding group on here tho! There are lots of nice ladies who can offer suggestions/support in there :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adriansmommy90
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:05 PM
His diapers are clean when he's feeding but I think its because I wasn't eating a lot. He's very comfy almost too comfy because he falls asleep sometimes but it is a lot better now.. we will see how long that lasts.. thanks everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 7:16 AM
My son does that every once in a while. When I'm home, I lay down with him and cuddle him close while I nurse him, and when I'm out or busy, or have people over I simply stop and try again later. If I go to feed him and he does that I don't have the patience to keep trying after about three minutes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN