Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

4yo and 4 month old survive Batman shooting! WTH?!

Posted by   + Show Post

Has anyone else seen this? I have seen the argument before to bring kinds or not to bring kids to non kid friendly movies, but seriously? You bring two babies to a midnight showing? What the heck is wrong with people? The newborn bothers me because I don't think people should bring infants to the movies to disturb everyone else, but the 4 year old REALLY bothers me. She is not going to sleep through a loud action movie and she is going to absorb everything she sees in it. Ack. I just don't get it.

Article

Edit: This post has people really upset and I am sorry about that. MY initial reaction as soon as I read this story was "why in the world were there children there!?" I am not going to apologize for that or feel like an awful person for my honest first reaction. I think people are having very emotional reactions either way because this is something they personally do or something they would never do. Either way it does not make you a bad parent. Everyone parents differently. OBVIOUSLY. It is up to every parent to decide what level of violence constitutes an appropriate movie for a child and what is an acceptable time to have your children in bed. Everyone is glad that the babies are ok. That is not even a question. I personally would not bring babies to a midnight showing of a pg-13 movie. I am allowed to have that opinion. That is the nice thing about opinions, everyone is allowed to enjoy their own.

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Replies (191-197):
Itzy0ll0tl
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:40 AM

actually.. I agree with you.. the new born didnt have to be there.... r at least, I nevr too my 5 yo to the movies before the age of 3..

barefootmommi
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:49 AM
O but it is the right site for bad mouthing forcing you options on others and starting fight I don't care Wheather you agree with or what you think iv said it multiple time but you just keep arguing and starting a fight because I disagree with you. We disagree everyone gets it we allll read what you had to say why don't you just drop it because obviously you are really getting in my nerves

Quoting SamsMama24:

Wow, you really cant take someone disagreeing with you, you just crossed the line and made it personal. You really need to calm down, there's no need for name calling just because someone doesn't like what you said. Myabe this isn't the right site for you?? Im the narrow minded one for believing that you shouldn't judge people or have a holier-than-thou attitude? 0_o

Quoting barefootmommi:

Your attitude cones through your writing and what u right sure does seem like trying to pick a fight. I don't think they should be ashamed but that also doesn't mean I think it was the right choice thats it that's all there is too it n I really don't have to justify my thoughts in the matter to you either way. I didn't demand u admit you were wrong or criticize what you had to say you junped on my back first simply because u didn't like what I said. I don't care if you did or not I was commenting on the op THE OP NOT YOU. So why don't you buzz off n go find an r rated movie to go drag your kids too. Obviously thats the smart thing to do. You sound like an ignorant controlling narrow minded snot nose bitch and annoying. THAT'S JUDGING!Lol k?

Quoting SamsMama24:

You're not judging those parents?? Lol, k if you say so......im not trying to start a fight, im stating my oinion just like you did because i think people like you whose first thought after hearing about such  tragedy is to point fingers and judge parents whose only intention as far as you know, was to give their kids a big treat, should be ashamed

Quoting barefootmommi:

Im not judging anything for anyone I'm stateing my PERSONAL opinion in a public forum EXACTLY the same as you did * shrug * u can disagree with me all you want as can those parents and everyone else that's cool I'm not jumping on you because of your opinion so y don't you stop trying to start a fight

Quoting SamsMama24:

That's fine for you, you have a right to judge what is or isn't too violent for YOUR kids...my son is only 2 and i dont know yet if i would let him watch a movie like that when he's 4, i'd probably have to watch the movie first so i could judge for MYSELF if i felt it's appropriate for him. I haven't see the movie so idk how violent it is, but i dont think anyone but the parents have the right to judge what an appropriate level of violence is.

Quoting barefootmommi:

In my opinion it isn't so much at the time but about why he movie their parents were letting them watch. Yes it could happen anywhere anytime but even in a perfect work where nothing bad happens my kid wouldnt be at a movie that violent at that age

Quoting SamsMama24:

It's sad that your first thought was to judge the parents...also, these types of things happen at all times of the day, in all sorts of places. It happens all too often at schools. Does that mean we should keep our kids from school or not let them go anywhere or have any fun? These kids were with their parents, doing something they were excited about, at a movie. Yes, it was late at night but really, so what?? As i said before, it is summer time and i believe in living life to the fullest and really dont see how staing up late on occasion to have some innocent fun with your family is wrong. This could have happen at any time of day so i dont see what that has to do with it.

Quoting barefootmommi:

Srry I agree with u momma that was my first thought too yes it was a tragedy and those two little ones should have been home safe in bed when it happened

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Did I knock on their door n tell them they were horrible ppl and what they did was wrong ? No. Do I think they are bad pll or bad parents? Nope every body has things that in they would do differently given another chance.allll I said was that when I heard that there were young children hurt it did cross my mind as to wonder why there were young children there. I seriously don't see where I committed the crim obviously since this same conversation is happening in a billion different threads I was not the only person who had this passing thought ..... That makes me an awful evil person so be but I never said the family doesn't deserve support of course they do children died!!!!! It's unfortunate no matter how or why or where it happened but did the thought of why were there kids that young there cross my mind ? Yep it did as it did many others. There's nothing more I can say about obviously I am in the minority. That's fine but I'm over arguing and defending myself the hoarse has been beaten to death now. At least u were civil which is more then I can say for some of you ladies. Have a great day hold your babies close and be thankful that the ones you love are safe n sound my heart does go out to anyone who lost anyone in that shooting irregardless of why they were there or how old they were.
Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Sure, have opinions. 1% vs 2% milk. Cloth vs disposable diapers. Republican vs Democratic. All great to have an opinion on.

But when a child dies at the hands of a cold blooded killer its our responsibility as a nation to support these grieving parents in any way possible. Not criticize them for the actions they themselves wish they could take back.

Quoting barefootmommi:

K that's fine I wasn't in any way shape or form trying to convince you I didnt comment on your original post did I? No because that's your opinion you have a right to it n that's cool your the one who decided to disagree with me. So the way I see it you are the one trying to convince me. Also I don't see how thinking to myself those kids probobly shouldn't have been there amounts to judge ing them ? I never said they deserved it or they were bad parents or anything like that simply said I don't think it's an age appropriate move. That's pretty far from judging them

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I'm sorry but you can't convince me that passing judgement on the parents of deceased children is every permissable as an opinion. They didnt intentionally put their children in harms way. These are well intentioned parents, and I think its cruel and callous to judge them based in their movie selection for their children. Who were all reportedly asleep when the shots rang out.

Quoting barefootmommi:

Yes because children belong at an Ice age premier not so much at batman. I treat my kids to plenty of things age appropriate things. It's sad. That's all. I the op n everyone else is allowed to have their own opinions.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

So never treat your child to anything special. Don't go get ice cream after dinner...ya never know. And amusement parks? Forget about it.

This was likely a one time treat for the children involved. This does not make them bad parents and ya know what????? Even if it did make them bad parents WHO THE FUCK CARES????? Children are dead. DEAD!!! For going to a movie!!! If this was an ice age premier, nobody would say a damn thing to the parents, it'd just be sad.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Quoting barefootmommi:

Srry I agree with u momma that was my first thought too yes it was a tragedy and those two little ones should have been home safe in bed when it happened

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Be careful apparently agreeing with the op gets u attacked!!!

Quoting Itzy0ll0tl:

actually.. I agree with you.. the new born didnt have to be there.... r at least, I nevr too my 5 yo to the movies before the age of 3..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilynAustin
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Seriously?!  I didn't even think about the fact that people had brought children.  All I could think of was the senseless act of violence that NEVER should have happened.  I think all those that are questioning the parents for bringing their kids should just stop...seriously.  You don't think those parents are beating themselves up over this?  You don't think the parents of the little girl who died aren't dying inside right now, and wishing they had NEVER taken her?  Instead of focusing on what everyone did wrong that night, why not send sympathy and prayers their way? 

In the wake of a tradgedy it is not our place to judge or condemn.  Rather, it is time to come together and offer support and prayers for those who lost loved ones, and those who will suffer for years over what they went through.  Just remember, these are real people, who need a lot of love and support from us...not condemnation.

SamsMama24
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM
no one was attacking you or trying to start a fight. You made a statement in an open forum for anyone to see and anyone has a right to disagree/debate what you said and should be able to do so without you flying off the handle and freaking out. Im done trying to reason with you, you wont even stay on the subject, you just keep accusing me of trying to start a fight and calling me names so, you have a nice life :-)

Quoting barefootmommi:

O but it is the right site for bad mouthing forcing you options on others and starting fight I don't care Wheather you agree with or what you think iv said it multiple time but you just keep arguing and starting a fight because I disagree with you. We disagree everyone gets it we allll read what you had to say why don't you just drop it because obviously you are really getting in my nerves

Quoting SamsMama24:

Wow, you really cant take someone disagreeing with you, you just crossed the line and made it personal. You really need to calm down, there's no need for name calling just because someone doesn't like what you said. Myabe this isn't the right site for you?? Im the narrow minded one for believing that you shouldn't judge people or have a holier-than-thou attitude? 0_o

Quoting barefootmommi:

Your attitude cones through your writing and what u right sure does seem like trying to pick a fight. I don't think they should be ashamed but that also doesn't mean I think it was the right choice thats it that's all there is too it n I really don't have to justify my thoughts in the matter to you either way. I didn't demand u admit you were wrong or criticize what you had to say you junped on my back first simply because u didn't like what I said. I don't care if you did or not I was commenting on the op THE OP NOT YOU. So why don't you buzz off n go find an r rated movie to go drag your kids too. Obviously thats the smart thing to do. You sound like an ignorant controlling narrow minded snot nose bitch and annoying. THAT'S JUDGING!Lol k?

Quoting SamsMama24:

You're not judging those parents?? Lol, k if you say so......im not trying to start a fight, im stating my oinion just like you did because i think people like you whose first thought after hearing about such  tragedy is to point fingers and judge parents whose only intention as far as you know, was to give their kids a big treat, should be ashamed

Quoting barefootmommi:

Im not judging anything for anyone I'm stateing my PERSONAL opinion in a public forum EXACTLY the same as you did * shrug * u can disagree with me all you want as can those parents and everyone else that's cool I'm not jumping on you because of your opinion so y don't you stop trying to start a fight

Quoting SamsMama24:

That's fine for you, you have a right to judge what is or isn't too violent for YOUR kids...my son is only 2 and i dont know yet if i would let him watch a movie like that when he's 4, i'd probably have to watch the movie first so i could judge for MYSELF if i felt it's appropriate for him. I haven't see the movie so idk how violent it is, but i dont think anyone but the parents have the right to judge what an appropriate level of violence is.

Quoting barefootmommi:

In my opinion it isn't so much at the time but about why he movie their parents were letting them watch. Yes it could happen anywhere anytime but even in a perfect work where nothing bad happens my kid wouldnt be at a movie that violent at that age

Quoting SamsMama24:

It's sad that your first thought was to judge the parents...also, these types of things happen at all times of the day, in all sorts of places. It happens all too often at schools. Does that mean we should keep our kids from school or not let them go anywhere or have any fun? These kids were with their parents, doing something they were excited about, at a movie. Yes, it was late at night but really, so what?? As i said before, it is summer time and i believe in living life to the fullest and really dont see how staing up late on occasion to have some innocent fun with your family is wrong. This could have happen at any time of day so i dont see what that has to do with it.

Quoting barefootmommi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Thanks!!!! U 2

Quoting SamsMama24:

no one was attacking you or trying to start a fight. You made a statement in an open forum for anyone to see and anyone has a right to disagree/debate what you said and should be able to do so without you flying off the handle and freaking out. Im done trying to reason with you, you wont even stay on the subject, you just keep accusing me of trying to start a fight and calling me names so, you have a nice life :-)

Quoting barefootmommi:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting barefootmommi:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting barefootmommi:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting barefootmommi:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting barefootmommi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)