Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

i have the heebie jeebies..

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:30 AM
  • 47 Replies
Now I can't sleep. I know moving to Texas I was going to deal with things Im not used to. Ok fine. Heat- whatever no problem, poisonous everything- ok don't remember being scared of things when I visited. hitting armadillos instead of raccoons(yes I know coons are here but I have yet to see one even dead)- whatever not missing much. Coyotes- grew up in the country dealt with them, no big deal.

What I wasn't expecting is the size of things!! Within a couple months.of moving down here I saw one of those tiny fuzzy black and white spiders the size of a quarter. Well a few weeks ago I went to the bathroom had just sat on the toilet and noticed a wolf spider whose body was the size of my thumb... didnt think I could.cling to the ceiling that fast being 4 monthx pregnant. Now Im totally.used to seeing over sized spiders compared to what I was used to. Well today I went to check on the temperature of the pool cause I was thinking about swimming as I walk in I see this huge spider in the iris leaves, I take a pic send it to df asking if it was one of those garden spiders he was telling me about. His response no its just the shell of a wolf spider. I told him he couldve lied this time. Well I show his parents the pic and they say.its a garden spider. ok no big deal Im fine... they wont chase me. Well I tell df what they said he asks a.few questions. I tell him Ill send him a better pic. Well I go out tbe first.time phone dies. I charge my phone for like 10 minutes go back out to.take a pic and.find a live one underneath, I'm flipping the fuck out and since fil had just pulled in I asked him. He confirms what df said originally. Now.Im seriously flipping out, I know they won't hurt me but I hate spiders!! The only spiders Im cool with are both kinds of daddy.long legs. Now.I cant sleep cause it feels like I have bugs crawling on me!!

Ok.I guess I should say the spider was about 4-5 inches long including legs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fellie
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Doesn't the saying go "Everything is big in Texas" and you weren't expecting the SIZE OF THINGS? lol

Jaykay. I hate spiders too. We live in the basement floor apartment and it's spiders galore. 

Jess_Carrillo
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Ewwwwww I HATE spiders !!! Esp wolf spiders, disgusting. They are crazy, I've heard they chase you !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lj.smommy
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Well I knew the size of "things" ;) but I wont go that route lol I totally didnt think the bugs would be ginormous compared to up north. Even the fleas are huge, and the cockroaches I've seen, Im rethinking what I knew about bugs.

Not everythings big in texas cause every frog (not toad) I've seen has been smaller than my thumb and I've seen frogs bigger than my hand up north lol.

We did have spiders really bad. You'd be lucky to go a day without seeing a couple spiders inside or even walk into a web but they disappeared when we bombed for fleas thankfully. and atleast they were small enough.I wasnt scared smash them lol

Quoting Fellie:

Doesn't the saying go "Everything is big in Texas" and you weren't expecting the SIZE OF THINGS? lol

Jaykay. I hate spiders too. We live in the basement floor apartment and it's spiders galore. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Lmao we have wolf spiders bigger than your hand. DH is deathly scared of them so we have a monthly exterminator just on the off chance we may have them in our yard lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lj.smommy
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:47 AM
They do!!! Atleast they did when I lived in Ohio. down here though, just today I had one creep toward me slowly and tauntingly. I hate spiders!! Lol and everyone but sil thinks Im nuts about it!!

Quoting Jess_Carrillo:

Ewwwwww I HATE spiders !!! Esp wolf spiders, disgusting. They are crazy, I've heard they chase you !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lj.smommy
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Jeesh don't tell me that!! Especially since Im sure there is some around here that big!! Pretty sad I could care less that there is black widows around here Im more worried about the wolf spiders eating me. lol

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Lmao we have wolf spiders bigger than your hand. DH is deathly scared of them so we have a monthly exterminator just on the off chance we may have them in our yard lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:52 AM

ewww eww eewww gross! spiders are like the nastiest things ever!! we live in texas too! all the other giant bugs don't bother me but spiders of any size are super nasty! 

terra52590
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:55 AM
I used to live in Texas and we would find scorpions in the house along with wolf spiders and other scary creatures I now live in Washington with no fear lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:56 AM
We live in VA though lol. Ours are that big because of all the marshland. We get all sorts of creepy crawlers but DH just can't handle spiders lol.

Quoting lj.smommy:

Jeesh don't tell me that!! Especially since Im sure there is some around here that big!! Pretty sad I could care less that there is black widows around here Im more worried about the wolf spiders eating me. lol

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lj.smommy
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Well I told df I'm fine with tarantulas but that is it, so he thinks its funny to pick random spiders up and come toward me. Im totally fine with the othet bugs, well the cockroaches might eat me. lol I actually had one fly at me, I knocked it off and it came back at me!!

What part of Texas you from?

Quoting kmorales7690:

ewww eww eewww gross! spiders are like the nastiest things ever!! we live in texas too! all the other giant bugs don't bother me but spiders of any size are super nasty! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN