Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

She thinks she's pregnant?!

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:58 PM
  • 48 Replies

My sisters 17 year old son lost his virginity last weekend to a 15 year old girl who was a virgin as well. She was supposed to have her period the 19th. She hasn't had it. She is saying she think she is pregnant. No condom or birth control was used. Even though my sister had repeated talks about safety.

The girl has told my nephew she wants to have a baby. My nephew and sister are freaking out. Should my sister talk to the girls mom and let her know what is going on? (Since the girl want's a baby and may even be pregnant.) Isn't it to early for her to show signs of being pregnant if they "just" had sex?

The bad part is even the most honest teenagers may lie in this situation. It makes it harder to know what to do. My sis really needs advice. Doesn't know whether she should leace it alone.

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Joels-My-Love
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Leave it alone until a positive hpt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixylove86
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

What about the part where she is trying to get pregnant and wants to continue trying. Hopefully he would be smarter then to continue having sex with her. But, should my sis let the mom know that.

Slayton723
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I highly doubt she is if it was last weekend and she was supposed to get her period thursday. Thats way to close imo. At 15 girls cycles are still really screwey. I wouldnt say anything to her mother but take your nephew outside and beat him with a stick for not wrapping it lol if she wants to get preg. Thats on her. Just hope your nephew learns you know? I was almost 17 when I lost mine and was on b/c but was still "worried" I was pregnant lol I think its natural to a point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadrama15
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:08 PM
I agree

Quoting Joels-My-Love:

Leave it alone until a positive hpt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slayton723
Id be careful and check local laws before saying anything to the mother also. I know your nephew is under 18 but some states still concider statutory rape.....just a thought...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixylove86

Ty

Allebas
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh--if it was last weekend, and she was suppose to start on the 19th, that is REALLY LATE into her cycle to get pregnant!! I would wait until a pregnancy test says she is pregnant!! Good luck! I HOPE she is NOT pregnant and grows UP!!! Having a baby is a BIG DEAL!! TOO MANY teens act like its not!!! It is TRULY SAD!

areid1023
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

well, first and foremost your sis needs to do her darndest to see that these kids dont have sex again. i mean major lockdown. i know its not foolproof but...seriously. if she is not pregnant now she most likely will be if they keep up what they've been doing. 

secondly, everyone needs to breathe until there is something concrete to be freaking out about. its not uncommon that when a female loses her virginity her period can temporarily be altered or become irregular. 

thirdly, if you feel like this girl is not in danger from her parents (and really, seriously, think about that) than i would absolutely tell them. she is engaging in extremely high risk behavior and is playing russian roulette with her life. not only is getting pregnant at that age a terrible idea, but there are a lot worse things you can catch than pregnant. 

its great that at least y'all are talking about this. and that your nephew is talking about this. how did this all come up? was he just completely freaked?

coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:15 PM

wow gossip much? how many others has she told this to...(your sis)

anyway, just leave it be until you know for sure.

Dh and i planned a baby @17. sure it's not the smartest move, but it worked just fine for us,we knew we wanted to marry anyway... but not sure in this case...

Teens should be safer and smarter than that...I'll make sure my girls understand.

babie113
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it would be too late in her cycle to be pregnant. She seems uneducated on ovulation and all that. Also I think her mom needs to know her DD is trying to get pregnant now and having unprotected sex.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN