Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Any married moms?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:34 PM
  • 40 Replies
Did u have other serious relationships before you got married? If so did you learn anything from those relationships that help you in your marriage? As far as what to do and not to do. If u didn't have any relationships before do you wish you did?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cnlsmommy
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:37 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm married to my high school sweetie, so no "serious" relationships prior to him. I did have other relationships before him, but that was high school and although we think they are serious at the time, they really aren't, lol.

I do not wish I had other relationships, I love my hubby, he loves me, we have a beautiful dd together and life is good :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:38 PM
I didn't have any serious relationships before my husband and nope I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
college.mom
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Sometimes I wish I had experienced life more. My husband is the second person i've been with period but I love him so deeply...im very happy with my decision to marry him :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LavenderMom23
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:52 PM
3 moms liked this
I had a couple serious relationship before hubby and yes I learned something but not much about marriage. Just that every prince has his warts and jewels. But I think it would have been easier to never had gotten so serious with them bc they stick to your heart and dreams and a piece of you stays sad for the memories. I love my husband he's a remarkable man and I am most faithful. But old loves don't die out they are just embers hidden in comparison to the flames.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LavenderMom23
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Trust me you don't ...it wouldn't have made you a better lover or wife. Those are myths. Experience in this case only means heart break

Quoting college.mom:

Sometimes I wish I had experienced life more. My husband is the second person i've been with period but I love him so deeply...im very happy with my decision to marry him :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatherynsMommy
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:55 PM
I was in two serious relationships before marriage. One ended due to emotional abuse. The other ended because we had made the decision to get married and he lived in Russia but was in the States abroad for a year. I was so in love with him. He promised to come back for me but cut off all communication with me after almost a year of promising and calls and letters. So I moved on and me my dh. When the other guy found out he said he was happy for me and talked to me until he saw photos of the wedding two years later. I haven't heard from him since I was married three years ago and I am alright with that. I learner a lot from my past relationships. My husband doesn't walk all over me, has never emotionally or physically abused me, and we show eachother the respect we deserve. He is my world and so are our children. I couldn't imagine life without him. I'm happy that my other serious relationships didn't work out :) my husband is the only man I have physically been with even after years with the other two guys so that shows just how serious he is to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
college.mom
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM
That's what I tell myself. That I was lucky I found love when I did. My husband went through all the heartbreak and tears...he said he wished he would have been like me then he wouldn't know that pain

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Trust me you don't ...it wouldn't have made you a better lover or wife. Those are myths. Experience in this case only means heart break

Quoting college.mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eringlading
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Hubby was my high school sweetheart. He went into the army right after highschool and that put a strain on our relationship. We had our little break ups but always found each other. Were married six yrs with two girls. Wouldn't change anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM
I had 2 prior long term relationships. I was married before but it only lasted a year. I also had a live in bf for 4 years. It helped me realize that I was picking the wrong type of guy. I always went for the guys who were only focused on themselves and it always ended in disaster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki32230
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:19 PM
I had one I guess you could call serious.... I learned everything I didn't want in a man....but all my other relationships were mostly fun! There was one that had potential, I think it was just bad timing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)