Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son sneaking bedtime snack way pass his bedtime

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:54 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hey, my name is robyn and i am 24 and i have a 5 year old son named xavier. I joined this group cuz i felt it would be good to be a part of and receieving advice. So i recently found out that my lil monster has been sneaking into the kicthen way pass his bed time and eating. I've spoken to him and explained to him that he shouldn't be doing this and i guess he didn't get the memo cuz i found bologna in his room this morning and i mean the container and all. I'm really concerned and i don't know what else to do does any body have any advice? confused

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
EmmaZate
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Give him more to eat during the day. It's probably a growth spurt. Those make you hungry at night.

Something else you could do is give him a place for snacks in the kitchen, and put one there before he goes to bed, so that if he gets hungry he can have it, without ruining meal planning for the whole week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tabitha109
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I just leave yougurt and fruit for mine. And a drink. Then if he gets hungry he can just grab something. I tell him what I left for him though so he doesn't get into anything else. He's five.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daulton_dustin
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I used to do this when I was younger n it was because I was really hungry so I really don't have any advice cuz it never clicked for me either lol! N my mom called it stealing and grounded me
LdyR
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Thank you

Charliesmommy11
Two best options would be A) leaving a small healthy snack for him if he gets hungry and tell him its there for him B) get a fridge and pantry lock but feed him a before bed snack and let him know the kitchen if off limits afterwards
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovin_life85

I had my nephew one night and woke up to him raiding the fridge. He was just sitting there with the fridge wide open, a half gallon of milk beside him, apples, oranges, and a hamburger. I asked him what he was doing and he said me got hungry aunt tabby, all I could do is laugh. It was the first and last time that has happened to me with a child so sorry no advice.

lenoxclan
by Lenox on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM

It's not always hunger.. My sil kids use to do this, and they would eat it..She'd wake up to open full containers EVERYWHERE.

She had to put a lock on her fridge.

I put a baby gate in my hallway up at night.. Not to keep the kids out of the food(ive never had that problem)but so that if they get up during the night or get up before me they are contained to their rooms and the bathroom..There are dangerous things in the kitchen(knifes)so I feel better knowing they cant get in there unsupervised..Good luck momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)