Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

who has the iud?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM
  • 16 Replies
Hello I'm thinking about getting the iud.I am nervous about the side effects. My cousin said it works great for her but that doesn't mean the same for me.I'm go give it a try and see.I have two girls age 5 and my 2 year old about to turn 3 on September4 thank god she's out of diapers. Next af due august12 that same month on the 17th I'm getting married I don't want to be in pain on my wedding day from the iud.should I wait to get the iud after the wedding day?
SOON TO BE MRSPOWELL
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms.keisha17
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM

BUMP!

young-mommy10
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I only cramped for like a day maybe two when I got mine. Just take ibuprofen before your appointment. And talk to your dr about your concerns before actually having it placed. They will best be able to tell you what you can expect based on your history. Congrats on your wedding!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.wilcox01
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I cramped the first day and I love mine I got the para Gard
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.keisha17
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Ok and thank u
Quoting young-mommy10:

I only cramped for like a day maybe two when I got mine. Just take ibuprofen before your appointment. And talk to your dr about your concerns before actually having it placed. They will best be able to tell you what you can expect based on your history. Congrats on your wedding!

SOON TO BE MRSPOWELL
young-mommy10
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM
What are you getting? I had mirena

Quoting ms.keisha17:

Ok and thank u

Quoting young-mommy10:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazperson
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I have had an IUD for three years now i got the merina. i love it. It did not hurt when i got it in but i also had it done six weeks after my daughter was born. I had it put in in the morning and the next morning i had sex. I didnt even have it in 24 hours but i also understand that everybody is different.  I have not had any problems with mine. I have lighter periods so much lighter that i only have to wear a light day and thats during the day i dont have to wear anything at night.

ms.keisha17
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM
What's the difference I thought they were the same
Quoting young-mommy10:

SOON TO BE MRSPOWELL
laughnchica
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Mirena has hormones in it that it sends out thru your body. Paragard has no hormones which works a lot better for some people who don't deal well with hormones. There is also Implanon that goes into your arm for 3 years..

Quoting ms.keisha17:

What's the difference I thought they were the same
Quoting young-mommy10:

mommaslilmen
by Kimmy on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM

i HAD one, and needed it removed. not sure if it was because of the paraguard or my body just being weird (i now get vaginal and pelvic muscle spasms) but it had to go. when i had it put it i only cramped for a few hours and motrin helped with that. i would say get it during your next cycle so your not worried about it on the honeymoon

squag.mom
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I have Mirena and I barely cramped. I have had it for two years now. I like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)