Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

fenugreek and mothers milk tea

I know I've seen this question somewhere before but wanted to ask to see what you ladies know. I've been having problems with my supply and have had the tea for a little but can never seem to be able to drink much cause it doesn't taste that great, so now I just bought some fenugreek. What are your experiences with both? Do they actually work well? I'm trying to do both right now so I can go back to ebf. How long did it take to boost your supply?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:31 AM
Replies (11-18):
CheyennesMommy2
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM
It helps but only goes so far. I did this and still had supply issues.

Quoting jessi19:

a bowl of oatmeal each morning is also supposed to help just fyi :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Fenugreek saved me! My dd screamed and cried the first 2 Weeks of her life and my milk never came in (I never got engorged or the let down like I did with my son) I was only 17 and stopped nursing her, I wish I would have known about fenugreek then.

With my son, it started out the same way. I started taking fenugreek and immediately I started becoming engorged and I could geel my milj coming in. my milk supply was great with my son thanks to fenugreek!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM
I have used fenugreek and noticed an increase within 48 hours. You have to take a ton of it like 9 capsules a day and it makes you smell like maple syrup. I had several people tell me I smelled like waffles lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I agree, i just figured with the problems she could do both :)

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

It helps but only goes so far. I did this and still had supply issues.

Quoting jessi19:

a bowl of oatmeal each morning is also supposed to help just fyi :)

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I did both. It worked for me. Good luck momma!

Fellie
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:17 PM

They work great. Also try oatmeal. Stay away from oregano and don't wear underwire bras. Do not feed him bottles or your supply won't go up. He is what will get your supply way up the best!!

Rach0307
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM
I tried both and neither did anything :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shauna.robinson
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Thanks ladies. Hopefully it works. I'll try anything at this point, it to the point I can't get anything done and I have 20mo twins too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)